Does anyone know of routing specs for an Ibanez Tight End R?

• Thread starter Cogito
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cogito

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a custom RG body built and would love to throw a Tight End R bridge on it. I can't seem to find any information on measurements that I can share with the builder so that they can make the proper routes. Is there a known drop in equivalent for this bridge?

Does anyone have info on the best way to approach this? Would I need to take measurements of a guitar equipped with this bridge or should I expect the building to know how to handle the request?
He built me a tele with the routing for a Hannes 6, but he needed the technical routing specs, so I just assume that kind of info would always be needed.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What routing? The bottom is literally flat.

If you want it sunk into the body, just trace it out and send it to the builder, or even the whole bridge if need be.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Super basic stuff but ensure the builder is using a screw that's flush when mounting the bridge to the body as well. I had an RG that someone put a Tight End on and did not do that, so intonation on the low E string didn't really work. I didn't notice until it was time to intonate. 😑

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
i went to take a picture of mine, but it looks like it was attacked by the handcheese nation because i haven't cleaned it in years and i got too embarrassed. rest assured that it screws into the top, it's not recessed into the body

Cogito

Reaction score
I guess what I mean by rout
What routing? The bottom is literally flat.

If you want it sunk into the body, just trace it out and send it to the builder, or even the whole bridge if need be.
Totally my bad, I guess what I mean by routing is where to actually drill the screw holes to ensure it properly aligned

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Totally my bad, I guess what I mean by routing is where to actually drill the screw holes to ensure it properly aligned

The best way would be to send the whole bridge, but if that's not an option, trace the one you have and mark the saddle range and holes for strings and mounting.

Barring that, I've never seen an actual diagram for one of these.

gclef

Reaction score

All you really need is the 6 string holes and 3 or 4 mounting screws.

All that is really needed is to let out the high e saddle just about all the way. You do this to set the scale length properly. If you center the saddles, you will run out of adjustment length for the lower strings.

The tite end r is my favorite flat mount fender type bridge, btw

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
of all the bridges ive installed, this literally was the easiest bridge to install on my RGIB6. Especially on a fresh build, i would just recommend sending the guy the bridge to save yourself some work. always looks better to do it before finishing if possible.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Yeah I would just send the bridge to the builder it's the safest option for no mistakes or misinterpretations.