Does overdriven rhythm guitar tone get any better than this?

• Thread starter Christopher Har V
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
If it does, I don't think I could handle that.

Just discovered this track from Jaded Heart and I have to share it somewhere! This subgenre may not be your thing (like a slightly more progressive Motley Crüe) but the tone is just undeniable imo. This band has very cool ways of transitioning from intro to verse, verse to chorus, etc. Can't vouch for their newer stuff tho. This album is from what seems to be their golden era (late 90s thru late 00's)

What gear do you guys think it sounds like he's using? Or any mixing tricks that helped make it so awesome? To my ears it sounds like it must be a Mesa Boogie amp.

Trying to learn more about this guitarist, Barish Kepic, but there is not much info.

Here's one for the "guitar tone doesn't matter" crowd to suck on. Also love that the guitars aren't turned down super quiet when the vox kick in, like they're often mixed nowadays.
The percussive riff in the verses is where the tone really shines:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
This isnt the video of Euge with a 1959 so i dunno :lol:

Latest posts