Does the B.C. Rich Custom Shop even exist anymore?

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
Not that I'm mourning its loss. Their recent output has done nothing that I think makes them worth it, but they seem to have vanished from any recent B.C. Rich news and I've heard no discussion on them recently.

I rememeber some recent NAMM videos (2013?) saying they wanted to output some guitar to target the lower-end of the custom market with some stripped down specs, but as I recall that went nowhere. Now they have no recent output anywhere, in fact their website doesn't appear in any Google search. So did they close down or something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Wow, the custom shop website looks like it's completely gone... They've been a mess for years. Last I heard was that they were "ghost built" by someone in Ohio (rumor I've heard is that it's Jon Hill, but who knows). Maybe that went bad, so now there is no custom shop at all.

Pretty sad if that's the case, but it's happened before in the early '90s.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Custom Shop is still there. I was at BC Rich head office last year

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...-rich-schecer-fender-ar-office-pic-heavy.html

8660987145_d61194048c.jpg

Everything behind me there were custom shop orders.

8662095292_0bf7c728b4.jpg

This one was just about to get shipped out to Kerry King.

8660998623_11cbe8489d.jpg

Final assembly was done here. The Factory/head office is based in Ohio. The woodwork is done in Hypseria, Cali. I didn't go into details about who. Though at the time, they were completely unaware, but not really suprised, about the Bernie Rico Jr dramas unfolding.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
I wonder if the BRJ fiasco had anything to do with the disappearance of their internet presence.

Great! Now the title I gave this thread sounds exaggerated.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I can assure you it didn't. I asked them in March/April last year if they had heard about it and they had no absolutely no idea. They had not kept track of what he was doing so it was a genuine suprise to hear about the issues he had even then.

They were shocked, but not generally too surprised (which is fair enough, based on his history at BC Rich)

Latest posts