Dorthal 'Arid Landscape' full length - Progressive metal

• Thread starter Eldogond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eldogond

Reaction score
Hi there !

I'm releasing today the first Dorthal album, for a double birthday : Dorthal's 2 years, and also my own birthday :D
You can download it for free on Bandcamp or Soundcloud.
Arid Landscape | Dorthal

https://soundcloud.com/dorthal/sets/arid-landscape

Also, a digipack version with a booklet will be avaible in few weeks, you can already pre-order it on Bandcamp.

Axe-FX II all the way for the guitars and bass, Mayones all the way too (Regius 7 and Patriot 5).
DFH and SD2.0 for the drums.

The sax parts are all played by Cyril Prevost, and 99% of them were improvised.

Hope you'll enjoy, and don't forget to share ! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Peculate

Reaction score
Cool stuff! Very creative.

Mix-wise, you might want to cut some of the low end. 1:01 of "Blazing Badlands," for instance, is reeeaally bass heavy. Same with "Verdure" at 0:18. EQ'ing some of the low end out of the bass and kick would really help make your mix heavier and clearer. It seems kind of counter-intuitive that it would make it "heavier," but it works.

Otherwise, great job! The compositions themselves are the best part. Unique stuff.

Eldogond

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! :D

Yes, I get what you mean, I know the mix is really bass heavy, I even asked Acle to know if it wouldn't be a problem for the mastering, with the compression etc...

I sure may have a heavier mix, but my mixing knowledge isn't that good sadly :/
I'll try cutting some low next time :p

Thanks ;)

(By the way guys, I forgot to tell : Acle Kahney mastered it, at 4D Sounds. Just go for it if you need really good mastering !)

magarishun

Reaction score
awwww shit this is good. Hope you get some recognition and come to vienna fast :)

Don't really have any constructive criticism, I'm just liking it the way it is