DR strings 8 string packs

• Thread starter Orsinium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haffner1

Reaction score
I don't think they're available in single packs. You can probably email DR to see.

I called DR. They said I can go to an authorized retailer and they can contact the rep to get custom sets built. I don't know what this will cost but I am going to check it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Experimorph

Reaction score
Musamaailma here in Helsinki has them. I was buying individual strings from there and the salesman asked what I was buying them for. I mentioned I was buying them for an 8 string guitar and he showed me the 10 and 11 packs
This happened to me as well. Boy, I could've kissed the guy as he literally saved me some 15 euros (apparently that is the price for making me go full homo) because I didn't have to opt for a bass string. What's more is that the TF8-10 set is pretty well balanced progressively! I can only imagine my face when I saw the gauges.

The set has become my standard set for a 27 incher. Though I did swap the .010 for a .009.

Yoims

Frustrated Lefty
Reaction score
I threw the 10-75 on my RG8, and it's been like 3 months and I'm still using the same strings. They have lasted longer than any set I've ever used, and they sound amazing. The 10-75 sound and feel great for F and F# tuning on an 8 string. However, I like going just a bit lower so I'm looking at getting the 11-80 next.

I bought them off here:
Dr Tite Fit TF8 11 Electric Guitar Strings 8 String Set 11 80 | eBay

Got them in a few days, and the guy was great to work with.

hand amputation

Reaction score
Just ordered a 10-75 set for my RG8. Once I get them I am gonna do a setup.

Bought about getting the 11-80, but I wasn't sure how much that'd affect the neck.

Any ideas?

Yoims

Frustrated Lefty
Reaction score

Bought about getting the 11-80, but I wasn't sure how much that'd affect the neck.

Any ideas?

Won't fit through the 8th string peg, you'd need to make the hole bigger. The 75 hardly fits through.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score

Any ideas?

I just put the 11-80 on and my neck is doing just fine. Barely had to adjust it.

Only thing is that the 80 sounds like a bass :/ I guess that's what I get for not buying circle k lol

DoubleAA

Reaction score

Any ideas?

You'd need to tweak the truss rod, especially if you're coming from stock strings. I hope you don't bend much, cause that would be a nightmare. The sustain would likely be epic, though. :hbang:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the tension on these strings is like? Would they be higher or lower tension than say Daddario/Ernie Ball/Rotosound? I made the mistake of ordering Circle Ks based off of claims they would be higher tension than those three brands, so an actual experienced opinion would be what I'm interested in?

Also I use .80 gauge on my RG2228 and it fits the tuning peg fine, no modification...

Rectionmaarten

Reaction score
I bought some DR DDT a while ago and I must say that these strings are the worst I've ever had. When you just start to use them, they're OK, but after some hours of playing (not long) they really started losing tone. They started to sound dull really quick. They loose the new string's 'snappiness' much quicker than other brands.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
aaand yet another 8-string generic set with way too floppy 7th and 8th strings

I don't get how these want to compete with Circle K :shrug:

Yoims

Frustrated Lefty
Reaction score
Keep in mind. These strings aren't meant to be very bright or snappy. They are essentially Jazz strings, they have a rounded core, not the hexagon core like other strings use now. They have a duller, smoother and simple tone to them. They are after all Tosin and Javier's choice of strings, and I don't think I need to mention their style of playing.

I played classical guitar for several years, so I grew accustomed to the duller, darker tones that the rounded cores provide. So if you're looking for a lot of bite out of these strings, you're not looking for the right strings.

redkombat

Tree Whore
Reaction score
I bought some DR DDT a while ago and I must say that these strings are the worst I've ever had. When you just start to use them, they're OK, but after some hours of playing (not long) they really started losing tone. They started to sound dull really quick. They loose the new string's 'snappiness' much quicker than other brands.

sorry you had that experience with them, i have been using DR strings for years now because from my experience they last longer then other strings i've tried.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
11-80 heavy, check.
10-75 medium, check.
along the same incremental line-
09-70 light?......used by their biggest 8 string endorsers, not there?! Huh?

Good strings, but :noway:

I bet they're going for the 27" scale guys, since there's more of those. They really SHOULD take the hint when Meshuggah really nailed down those gauges as the "standard".

Strat0blaster

Deftones Junkie
Reaction score
Hey I have a question about the Circle K Strings. My new Agile has a string through body and on the "Before you buy" section of the website it states that the tapering is too short for a string through body. Does this apply or no? I noticed most of that info was about a bass and not guitar. I'm looking for my perfect set and I saw the .79-.10 set and was excited till I saw this...

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
Hey I have a question about the Circle K Strings. My new Agile has a string through body and on the "Before you buy" section of the website it states that the tapering is too short for a string through body. Does this apply or no? I noticed most of that info was about a bass and not guitar. I'm looking for my perfect set and I saw the .79-.10 set and was excited till I saw this...

no it doesn't.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! So it seems ebay is the best way to get them. I just wanted to try a few different options till I stick with a certain set, so Circle K is definitely on my list. I really don't mind a 76 or 78 on my eight though it isn't that floppy and my seventh I like a 58. Also if they are made well the 76 or 78 might hold up better than another manufacturers 80 gauge.

I just got in a few single Circle K .82s to try on my 26.5" schecter, and I can honestly say this string completely changed my sound in a positive way. Added A LITTLE bit of bass, but kept it nice n bright (at least to my ear). The nice thing with them is you can get them with different tops too in sets if you like lighter or heavy as hell, they have the set to fit you. Circle K definitely the strings for my 8's from now on!:shred:

Strat0blaster

Deftones Junkie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Bushmaster. First time owner of an ERG. After playing for a few hours the .74 is extremely light, so I'll probably go with some .82 or .86. That 27" Agile is giving me fits with that loose F#. I can bend it almost down to the D string and no punch what so ever. Everything is soooo muddy :/