Drop G# or G

• Thread starter bdbroker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bdbroker

Reaction score
Djentleman,

Does anybody know bands that play in G# or G? Any bands are welcome, even the obvious bands..!

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
G#-D#-G#-C#-F-A# :
The Contortionist
Circles
Within The Ruins

G#-D#-G#-C#-F#-A#-D# :
Periphery

G-D-G-C-F-A-D :
Born Of Osiris

That's all I know, hope it helps!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
My side-project uses Drop G on our grilled chicken delicious bar-and-grills You-better-fucking-know-about-Shosuke-or-I'll-kill-you-song:

It's quite a charming tuning and only sophisticated gentlemen use it.

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
Most of mine have already been said, but Tesseract uses a variation of drop G# and Vildhjarta uses drop G as well.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
triple drop c for djentchugs bros

My friends in 2X4 are tuned in Drop Ab.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
The only one that I can think of at the moment that hasn't been mentioned is Catalepsy, they play in Drop G :yesway:

groph

Reaction score
I think The Acacia Strain are in drop G# but I might be mistaken. Some of their stuff on Wormwood is tuned lower, I think. And when there's The Acacia Strain, you've got Emmure so maybe they use the same tuning. Who knows?

Also I'm pretty sure Mortician tune in standard, but G# sounds about right.

Sikthness

Reaction score
it was a joke, hence the tongue-face at the end of my comment.

I dont think so, buddy-pal. You got caught sayin somethin dumb, friend. while the ':p' can certainly be used effectively in many situations to infer a joke, or humorous quip, it can also be used as a friendly, yet somewhat cocky jab, often used by elitist pigs. For example, guy 1 says 'I love early Lamb of God. I've been a huge fan since their debut album, As the Palaces Burn'. Guy 2 (you, in this hypothetical, yet incredibly accurate scenario) says 'As have I. Although As the Palaces Burn is actually Lamb of God's 2nd album :p'. As you can see from the example, there is no joke or humorous subtext to be found. The usage of :p is clearly meant to display superiority in the area of music knowledge.

Also, I do a lot of drugs.