Drummer looking for prog/djent/metal band online. Serious inquires!!

• Thread starter Joshua Woodard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Woodard

Session Drummer Available for Work
Reaction score
Drummer looking to join an online or remote prog/metal band long term. Professional work. I am getting an Alesis Nitro Pro SE Electric Drum Kit Addictive Drums 2 and getting back into tracking drums! I also have double pedals. Please comment and or send me a message if interested. Serious Inquires only. I also have publishing with ASCAP.

Influences:
Tesseract
Periphery
Jay Postones
Animals as Leaders
Korn
Underoath
Silent Planet
Dance Gavin Dance

Email: jwoodarddrums@gmail.com
YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCV7JGKYeKBauOOLziDwxudg

narojo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What is your favorite Tesseract song? Wow I love all of those bands. Alesis Nitro is a great kit. Did you know Jay Postones was doing 1 on 1 lessons with people a while back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
Yeah he still is! And my favorite song is Seven Names!
Seven Names might be my favorite TesseracT song too, great choice. Vocals aside, do you like the instrumentals of bands like Dream Theater and Rush too? Here is a link to my BandCamp, this is the element that I would be bringing to the table. I write a lot of music too.
The "Life Cycle" EP is much more mellow than my average song, and the "A World Of Difference EP" is just a bit more techy and proggy than my average song. I'm influenced by everything from Zeppelin to Meshuggah. Check it out and let me know!

Joshua Woodard

Session Drummer Available for Work
Reaction score
Seven Names might be my favorite TesseracT song too, great choice. Vocals aside, do you like the instrumentals of bands like Dream Theater and Rush too? Here is a link to my BandCamp, this is the element that I would be bringing to the table. I write a lot of music too.
The "Life Cycle" EP is much more mellow than my average song, and the "A World Of Difference EP" is just a bit more techy and proggy than my average song. I'm influenced by everything from Zeppelin to Meshuggah. Check it out and let me know!
Interested!!! Email me let’s work!! jwoodarddrums@gmail.com

narojo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope yall work something out! As for me, I started out on guitar, and I consider myself a guitarist/vocalist/frontman, but spent a couple years exclusively doing bass, and for the last 4 years, I've been playing drums! My goal has been to get to a state where I can fully track my music ideas on my own. To better understand each instrument's (and its players') perspective in terms of composition; I think well-rounded musicians working together can collaborate efficiently. I'm hoping that after tracking and mixing a couple songs all on my own, I'll be able to find the right bandmates. I know it sounds like a weird, calculated strategy, but I've had zero luck finding the right bandmates where I'm at. Musicians in my area, my age, with my hopes and aims, tend to be uncomfortable with just jamming out and seeing if there is a connection. I think it's super important to have a great dynamic first and foremost. I'm hoping to find nearby musicians, but I haven't ruled out working remotely with musicians, either! I actually have a whole concept, name, website, and even some art. Various lyrics, beats, riffs, basslines, and some solos. I just have to finish something. Multiple works in progress, proof of concept. That's my struggle. I tend to get infatuated with new ideas, and can't seem to bring novelty around using those ideas to flesh out a complete work. I've taken a couple months off to focus on my project concept exclusively. We definitely have some interests in common, but stylistically, what I am working on is different than the named influences. My favorite Tesseract song is definitely Concealing Fate Part 1: Acceptance, though! I love every iteration of that song. Hahaha! What a great band. Either way, super stoked to find common interests! Cheers!

Last edited:

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
I hope yall work something out! As for me, I started out on guitar, and I consider myself a guitarist/vocalist/frontman, but spent a couple years exclusively doing bass, and for the last 4 years, I've been playing drums! My goal has been to get to a state where I can fully track my music ideas on my own. To better understand each instrument's (and its players') perspective in terms of composition; I think well-rounded musicians working together can collaborate efficiently. I'm hoping that after tracking and mixing a couple songs all on my own, I'll be able to find the right bandmates. I know it sounds like a weird, calculated strategy, but I've had zero luck finding the right bandmates where I'm at. Musicians in my area, my age, with my hopes and aims, tend to be uncomfortable with just jamming out and seeing if there is a connection. I think it's super important to have a great dynamic first and foremost. I'm hoping to find nearby musicians, but I haven't ruled out working remotely with musicians, either! I actually have a whole concept, name, website, and even some art. Various lyrics, beats, riffs, basslines, and some solos. I just have to finish something. Multiple works in progress, proof of concept. That's my struggle. I tend to get infatuated with new ideas, and can't seem to bring novelty around using those ideas to flesh out a complete work. I've taken a couple months off to focus on my project concept exclusively. We definitely have some interests in common, but stylistically, what I am working on is different than the named influences. My favorite Tesseract song is definitely Concealing Fate Part 1: Acceptance, though! I love every iteration of that song. Hahaha! What a great band. Either way, super stoked to find common interests! Cheers!
Where are you from, and what's your age? Would you call yourself more of a drummer or a guitarist?