Drummer looking to write for extremely technical E-Band, INFO INSIDE

• Thread starter IamOthello
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IamOthello

Reaction score
Heya, as of late, I've been wanting to write and record some ridiculously complex parts. I am pretty terrible at guitar and would like to start a nice little online project with a guitarist. Here is a simpler sample below.

Just an idea so far.

SinewavesIN - Drumparts - SoundCloud

Works as follows,

The first part is mainly written in 5/4. It's a bar of 6/4 then 3 bars of 5/4 so all together, the first part is 6/4 5/4 5/4 5/4. Which equals out to a 21 beat, beat. Or 21/4 since thats a mouthful.

Two count rest after repeating that twice.

Then eight bars of 7/4 with a transitional measure lasting 8/4. The eight bars of 7/4 last 56 beats, the last 8/4 gives us a natural ending being 16 bars of 4/4 to feel natural.

Next we have a 6/8 rest setting us up in compound meter for the next chunk of parts. The next part is pretty simple, bar of 5/8 followed by a bar of 7/8 these come in chunks together. For 8 sets..

-------------

Requirements

- Good tone and quality.

I'd like to ask anyone interested in maybe writing some tunes with me to post what they currently have tone-wise. If you can mix, I will.

- Understanding of complex parts.

I don't care if you don't know the theory behind it, if you can feel it out that will do. I just would prefer somebody who can do either.

- Tight, well executed play style

Self explanatory.

- GOOD ATTITUDE, LETS ROCK! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

So lets make some fucking tuuuuuuuuuuunes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Just to clarify, do you mean technical as in some form of technical extreme metal, or do you mean some thing more like planet x, or something completely different?

IamOthello

Reaction score
Just to clarify, do you mean technical as in some form of technical extreme metal, or do you mean some thing more like planet x, or something completely different?

technical as in, extremely complex and intricate.

denfilade

Reaction score
I don't exactly meet all the requirements, but I am interested in the kind of music you seem to be interested in...what kind of bands would you prefer the guitar parts to sound like?

shredfreak

Reaction score
i'd be totally down for stuff like this.

I still got some gorguts esque stuff here but i have to say that making interesting drums is my weak part :lol:

I'll see what i can do tone wise tomorrow & get back to you if it's acceptable. I can send you a guitar pro from a few songs if you want.

mudmonster

Reaction score
Archaic North recording artist STRINGS OF ARES (Oshawa, Canada) are currently seeking a proficient metal drummer. Plans are in place to record an EP & a full length album for release in 2012, we are hopeful to find a permanent replacement but also would be interested in having some session work on the recordings. If you are interested or know someone who is interested, please contact us! Cheers

Strings of Ares | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
bronze-armor@hotmail.co.uk

Established in early 2007 and hailing from Oshawa, Canada, Strings of Ares is comprised of four individuals who are keen on melting their art together with a hunger for something real and new. Various talents and experiences from these four musicians have come together to create some of the most unique, intricate and extreme heavy metal to come out of Canada in a long time.

Recorded at Chalet Studio with Ian Bodzasi (Randy Bachman, Nelly Furtado, The Tea Party) and mixed by audio engineering guru Neil Kernon, Strings of Ares’ Temple To Mars album is a gateway to the Gods, the cosmos and beyond. Lyrically, it is a dedication to the ancient Roman god of war, Mars.

These songs are inspired by the history and myths of ancient Rome and Greece; empires that were bound by their universal worship of the earth, the sky, the stars, the planets, and war.

We give you this offering in hopes that Strings of Ares can join forces with your highly revered enterprise and bring our special brand of progressive death metal to all the heavy metal aficionados around the globe and beyond - the possibilities are limitless!

Featuring a sound that is fresh and ground breaking in an era where something new is definitely tough to come by – a sound that is all their own, indescribable perhaps; it can only be called the Strings of Ares.