Easy 7 string metal tunes

• Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Axx

ss.org guy
Reaction score
i learned progenies of the great apocalypse by dimmu borgir by ear but i'm not quite sure whether that's a 7 string song...

i also played it in drop A

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
I'm currently learning Nevermore's: Enemies of reality, and who decides. Also some Machine Head: Halo and I lay thee down.(MH palys in drop B right atleast thats what their TABS on UG say)

jakeofthumbs

blue steel thumb
Reaction score
Definately some Nevermore. Stuff of this godless endeavor isn't as easy but there older stuff is quite simple and very good IMO.
The river dragon has come, and The Heart Collector are rather easy IMO.

Completely ignoring the River Dragon solo that is.. still one of my favourite fuck around practice licks.

Apart from that, I was thinking the same thing actually - Believe In Nothing.

Bevo

Reaction score
Amon amarth is 6 strings only.

Yes but they play in "B" so you can use your 7.

One of the things I like about the 7 is the ability to play allmost all my music with one guitar. If its a tune with a low B in it but they only use 6 or even less strings then its still a 7 string song.

Also try using a 7 string capo, it can tune your 7 up if your looking for different tuning.

Latest posts