Easy 7 string metal tunes

• Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
You can always learn some old Korn songs.

anything by Korn, Spineshank or Slipknot is pretty easy.

for example, I love jamming out Slipknot's The Blister Exists, both the main riff and chorus are fun to play and easy to play :)

Matti_Ice

TR Guitarist
Reaction score
Man all of Korn and Flaw, they are well-known and while they have very basic tunes, they will give you a good feel, navigation, and rythm sense of the 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
I recently started a band where 7s are being played and i need some tip about
Bands/songs with 7s. We are very beginner and are now playing Bloodlust of the human condition with Unearth and some own material.
Any other songs at that difficalty level?

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
long live seven strings:shred:

anyway, the only song that comes to mind is Hands of a Killer by Suicide Silence

the first 7 string song I learned was the Crusade by Trivium, and in parts it is easy but some of it I still can't do (surprising, its something trivium can do that I can't :eek::noplease:)

SjPedro

Reaction score
The Mirror by Dream Theater. Yeah the solos might not be that easy but the song is great for practicing 7's

Or you can try As I Am too...I know it's not on a seven string but as it was said here,it's a cool exercise to take 6 string songs and use a 7 :)

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Try Down From the Sky by Trivium. Really easy song. Also....Justin by Korn and Narcosynthesis by Nevermore

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Amon Amarath is pretty cool and not to hard.
Beheading of a king is fun and super easy.. Most of the songs they have follow the same sort of rythem and lead, once you get a couple the rest come easier.

Bev

Amon amarth is 6 strings only.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Some Morbid Angel songs are fairly simple.

They're tuned half a step down though, I thought I heard OP say he couldn't be arsed adjusting the floyd.

I'm not a listener, but I'd definitely recommend Unearth. There's a Rock house method video where Buz explains how to play a song of theirs which seems relatively simple, not too simple, not too technical. I like the tone he gets too :lol:

I think it's in Dropped-A tuning.

CVSlash1490

Reaction score
Fear Factory - Replica (B-standard)
Divine Heresy - Failed Creation (B-standard / Dino plays it in A-standard but it's also pretty easy in B-standard)
Caliban - Life Is Too Short (played in Drop-B, but easy to learn by ear to play in B-standard)
Unearth - My Will Be Done (B-standard, the rhythm line is pretty easy...)
Chimaira - Sp Lit (Drop-A)
Scar Symmetry - Timewave Zero (B-standard, rhythm line again is pretty easy...)
Suicide Silence - Unanswered (Drop-A, great for warmup exercise, but not if you can't stand deathcore...)

There are some stuff, hope you'll find something you'll like... :agreed:

DO NOT LEARN REPLICA...THAT SONG WILL FOLLOW YOU AS IT FOLLOWS ME!!!!! But its easy and youll feel proud when you learn it so quick you play it in your sleep...as I have done. I am not kidding

Murmel

Reaction score
As like everyone has said, pretty much anything by Korn. Ya'll Want a Single? is so easy it's retarded :lol: And I guess you could play them in Drop A and not A standard if you'd like? I don't see why that wouldn't work.

And Down From the Sky with Trivium also, easy song but it's still very much awesome. I think it might actually be the easiest Trivium song, besides Dying In Your Arms maybe..

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Unearth doesn't have any drop-A songs but I'd definitely recommend them as their material ranges from easy to hard pretty evenly, and you can always play the rhythms instead of learning the solos. :) My biggest growth spurts on sevens came from hammering out their songs night after night. I still screw them up but...it's still fun :p Korn...is awesome to train on too. :lol: First time I ever learned to play them was tuning my brother's Peavey Raptor to AADGBE just to get the low note, because it's almost all you need other than minor seconds on the higher strings haha. Thank god my first guitar was a seven..