EBMM Abasi Kaizen

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Long thread, apologies if it had been mentioned b4, but do we know how much this thing costs? For MM, which I usually find their design taste abhorrent (e.g. bongo bass), I think it's ok, reminds be a bit of the Albert Lee model (another gem in their catalog:facepalm:). My 2 cents here, kinda literally :D
1. This thing is not gonna be cheap, so personally, I'd rather spend the same/comparable money on something else, something more modern, e.g. Aristides.
2. Going 24.75"-25.5" on the fan seems like a marketing decision rather than what such an instrument needs/requires. Makes it look like so that someone can claim they bought a MS. This imho is worse than going all 25.5", k, so I'm missing the boat on this one.
3499 but 3700 something after tax friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Going to kick the same dead horse that I always go for, but does this have stainless steel frets?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’m so mad that bottom middle one is a nicer single cut than literally all of the Abasi shapes and it doesn’t exist yet.
Reminds slightly of his Til8 which I would 100% buy if it was a production guitar

Those TILs were awesome! I know one of them had a neck warp after time, but in terms of design, those were the shiznit.

hamoftruth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems strange for a fanned design to only be 25.5" on the low end, seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. I'm interested in the other design choices though, and love EBMM guitars. The pickups being a non-standard size might be a bit of a deal-breaker, since that makes swapping out the pickups pretty impossible.

Yousef

Reaction score
Scale length: First I was thinking wtf. Now I'm thinking it's going to be sweet in standard 7-string tuning because you get the ease of bending .09s with the high strings while using a set of .10s.

I dig. I'd buy it, but $3k+ is over my guitar budget.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
How will we all get famous if we aren't rocking $3700+ guitars
Be glad you don't like strats because for those guys the number is like 37k (or like 15k for a refin but the nitro isn't the saaaaaame it ruins the tooooooone)

Buffnuggler

Reaction score
Be glad you don't like strats because for those guys the number is like 37k (or like 15k for a refin but the nitro isn't the saaaaaame it ruins the tooooooone)

unless you just buy a new one lol!!! or one from any year pre-71 :)

people hate on 71-75 teles cause the bodies change and the necks have so much poly they never wear but if you can find a light one they are amazing guitars for the money and a lot of them still have pretty thin finishes with nitro too so they get that cool glow. mid seventies is where they start slathering the bodies poly.

Latest posts