EBMM Abasi Kaizen

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OneTwoThrill

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah EBMMs might as well be unobtanium for you Europeans. I've seen the markups over there and they're bonkers.

The design has grown on me over time, and I like the wild colors. But I don't think I'd pull the trigger on one without trying it out first, and that's not gonna happen here in Halifax. Maybe if they put out an 8 string version.
Regretfully as you mentioned it, in europe we can afford a custom shop guitar for less than an EBMM manufactured in series. Really frustrating for some references and no chance to sell it after some time if want another.

An over-frustrated European.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
The target demographic is someone who gets hands-on with it and writes things like...

"so essentially you can create a whole cascade of harmonics that just produce a multiplicity of possibilities"

Tosin, is that you??

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally had the chance to try out a Kaizen in a local store. BRF quality for sure. High grade flame on the roasted neck, which is smooth with just a little grip to not slip. Immaculate frets. The Ember finish is INSANE in person, not my color of choice but the sparkle is so pretty. Despite all the frills it's a light guitar, very comfy and easy to adjust position. Sadly didn't have much time to play with pickups or abuse the trem to say anything new. And I love the multiscale even on the 6, I prefer playing on 24.75 but this felt no harder to manuever despite the longer bass side.

Yeah damn, between all the EBMMs I've played the Kaizen is up there for sure, fantastic guitar. But too bad the price tag is just too much even for my GASsy ass so I'll be waiting forever for a deal on an used one.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally had the chance to try out a Kaizen in a local store. BRF quality for sure. High grade flame on the roasted neck, which is smooth with just a little grip to not slip. Immaculate frets. The Ember finish is INSANE in person, not my color of choice but the sparkle is so pretty. Despite all the frills it's a light guitar, very comfy and easy to adjust position. Sadly didn't have much time to play with pickups or abuse the trem to say anything new. And I love the multiscale even on the 6, I prefer playing on 24.75 but this felt no harder to manuever despite the longer bass side.

Yeah damn, between all the EBMMs I've played the Kaizen is up there for sure, fantastic guitar. But too bad the price tag is just too much even for my GASsy ass so I'll be waiting forever for a deal on an used one.

What sucks about the cult of ebmm at least in the bass world for stingrays is that people always want a lot of cash for them regardless of year of mfg. I'd love to own an ebmm guitar one day but the buy-in is nuts

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What sucks about the cult of ebmm at least in the bass world for stingrays is that people always want a lot of cash for them regardless of year of mfg. I'd love to own an ebmm guitar one day but the buy-in is nuts
Electric-wise older EBMMs aren't all that expensive. Often see JPs and Silhouettes selling in the ~1500 CAD range so just over 1K USD. I only paid 1000 CAD for my JP6 4 years ago.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Electric-wise older EBMMs aren't all that expensive. Often see JPs and Silhouettes selling in the ~1500 CAD range so just over 1K USD. I only paid 1000 CAD for my JP6 4 years ago.

Yeah I'd be in on a 1000 CAD eb for sure

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
They've held their value in the UK pretty well unfortunately. I wouldn't mind having one but they're still out of my budget for a frivolous purchase.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I recently tried a 6 and 7 string kaizen locally and the body shape is pretty comfy. Very thin and nicely contoured. EBMM always have excellent feeling necks. I still fucking hate the pickup setup though. The tuners are kind of hard to get at and use ime. I wish they'd either committed to regular tuners or just eschewed the headstock for a headless design tbh.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I hated these from the moment I saw them. Weird shape, weird tuners, just not my bag at all. But I sat down at GC recently and played one, and let me just say...

I get it. One of the best playing guitars I've ever put my hands on.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
According to Nick at Axe Palace the Kaizens are getting discontinued in their current colors. They're probably going to release new colors.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
According to Nick at Axe Palace the Kaizens are getting discontinued in their current colors. They're probably going to release new colors.

Maybe he meant the original line of colors? They just released a bunch of new finishes. But EBMM does cycle through finishes pretty frequently.