EBMM NAMM 2019

• Thread starter Musiscience
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
3.4k? I only told myself I would buy a new guitar this year if they releases the JR7 and it was sub 3k
So won't be buying one. Sadness. Guess I will just order a bare bones Delos 7

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I quite like the Jason Richardson signature. Not a big fan of the buckeye burl top or the big dot fretboard-inlays, but other than that I think it looks great. And I like the coil split option for using the neck or bridge PU as single coil alone.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I'm glad Dustin got a sig finally, Thrice has always been one of my favorite bands.
I'm a bit salty that there's no new albert lee models. I'd kill a man for an albert lee sig.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Here you go:

http://blog.music-man.com/instrumen...625689&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

Richardson.png
Simple black burst on the edges of a burl top. After all the hideous stuff people have done with it, it's good to have a reminder that burl can look really good.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I can't work out what is different about the Sterling bass compared to the Stingray but I really like the Stingray whereas the Sterling bass makes me slightly uncomfortable.
Three main differences:
1.) Sterlings have a more narrow waist and ever so slightly more elongated horns/cutaways than Stingrays.
2.) Sterlings have a sculpted neck heel; whereas, the heel on Stingrays just stops at a block.
3.) Sterlings have a 3-way switch to run the coils in series, parallel, or full-on humbucker. On the Sterlings that have dual humbuckers, the switch is essentially just a 3-way pickup selector. No such control on the Stingrays.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I still can't figure out why they've never made a 4-string Stingray with the bevels/chamfers that the 5-string gets. It's literally the only thing stopping me from splurging on a bass that I have no business buying. :lol: So maybe it's good that they haven't...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
doea Ernie ball still make the original style JP's? that was always my favorite design of their guitars.

Yeah, but they have matte black hardware now and are only available fully loaded. No more cheaper stripper models.

Color options have been better in the past too.

Still great guitars though.

Bastian93

Reaction score
Did they change the first fret inlay on the Majesty models? Judging from the pictures it looks like they got rid of the kinda ugly block-style inlay and did it "properly" this time. upload_2019-1-26_10-27-1.png

Jzbass25

Reaction score
went to the NAMM booth today, must say the new blue Majesty is beaaaaauuuuuuuttiiiifulll..... only because I love that shade of blue.

Gloss neck felt weird... but I guess the more you play it, the less you worry about it?.... I enver had an issue with my Iceman in gloss white..... But yeah no 8 string :( was looking forward to some DT 8 string songs in the new album

looks too weird for me with no shield, the chameleon is mroe blue/purple, rather than the blue/green/purple thing of the JPs and 1st majesty I never like it... it is reaaally subtle, I though it was a plain blue metalic till I notice the purple-ish headstock on the light, maybe the light on the booth is not the best for it..... No shield worked great for the magenta sparkle, but for this chamelon with a more "flat" color, looks too weird

The EBMM blog post said the chameleon was a matte finish (but I noticed a typo so who knows), is this true? I’m pretty upset about the gloss necks, I hope the monarchy stays around so I can purchase one later this year or I can maybe wait another year or 2 and hope for new ones with matte finish necks.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
That limited Majesty 7 is hnnnnnngh but so is the Richardson sig, god damn it EBMM I don't need any more 7 strings

SovereignSun

Reaction score
Simple black burst on the edges of a burl top. After all the hideous stuff people have done with it, it's good to have a reminder that burl can look really good.
This is definitely reminds me of those classic Charvel and Jackson shredders from the 80s, but with that buckeye burl top it's become something else entirely. Not sure if I would want one but I think it's a cool clash of aesthetics.

As to the new Majesty, I think that glossy neck may have something to do with stability in the wood. Most players nowadays seem to shy away from solid gloss necks, though they've never bothered me. Was that video meant to be facetious? I mean that epic music and the dramatic reveal just because they took the faceplate off... It's like watching apple come out with a new iPhone.

CloudsUr

Reaction score
TBH don't think the gloss neck is as big a deal as some think, I have a JPXI that has a glossy neck but it honestly never felt sticky even after full gigs.
What i really found disappointing about the new majesty line was all the marketing hype they put behind the Tiger Eye only for it to turn out being a limited run priced at 5000$.