Edge Pro, Edge Pro II and Lo Pro (LVIk warning)

FortePenance

Reaction score
DSC00120.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

Yes, after yesterday I now own 3 tremolos, the latest being the Edge Pro. Soon to be 2 after Stitch buys the Lo Pro. I thought those pics were pretty metal (literally too). Order of appearance, left to right is Edge Pro II, Edge Pro then Lo Pro.

Comparison between the heights of the LoPro and Edge Pro.
DSC00122.jpg

Edge Pro will retrofit an Edge Pro II cavity
DSC00123.jpg

Lo Pro will not (hence selling it)
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

:wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mat091285

Reaction score
Edge fan ... on the top! ... you have just made Edge History is getting a whole line up .... :metal:

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
He's still missing the original Edge :)
And technically the ProRocker was the Edge's predecessor, Ibanez' first double-locking tremolo I believe.

FortePenance

Reaction score
I'm also missing the Edge III.

Also, I started a thread about the differences between the LP/EP here a while ago and if they're exactly the same, with only the LP feeling slightly different and with locking studs, i'm not going to bother since I like the feel of the EP just fine and the stud mod is done easily enough.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
before you route the guitar you have to guage the difference in distance from the nut to the bridge on lo-pro and edge pro and see if the low pro can be set up at that distance, if it cant then youll have to just go with the edge pro as youd have HORRIBLE intonation otherwise

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
sexy trems man :yum:

you uhh...got some more pictures of that guitar used as the tester for the trems??

FortePenance

Reaction score
before you route the guitar you have to guage the difference in distance from the nut to the bridge on lo-pro and edge pro and see if the low pro can be set up at that distance, if it cant then youll have to just go with the edge pro as youd have HORRIBLE intonation otherwise

I'm not installing the Lo-pro.

sexy trems man :yum:

you uhh...got some more pictures of that guitar used as the tester for the trems??

Haha yep, would you like to see it half-sanded or when it still had its finish. @_@

digitalpig

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I always asked myself whether it would work to change the trem for a different model.

Greetings!
Felix

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score

does anyone know the answer to this or how to go about finding out. ive got a couple guitars with EPII's in it and i want to know if as long as i route it that itll work. how do i test them to see if itll be intonatable?

FortePenance

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, I always asked myself whether it would work to change the trem for a different model.

Greetings!
Felix

No probs man. :cool: I spent hrs trolling jemsite trying to find which trem retrofitted which cavity.

does anyone know the answer to this or how to go about finding out. ive got a couple guitars with EPII's in it and i want to know if as long as i route it that itll work. how do i test them to see if itll be intonatable?

IIRC when macks (ibznorange) was installing his Lo-Pro in a 350DX or w/e, he just needed to shave off a little bit on the wings of the trem cavity.

@turmoil:

naked:
DSC00127.jpg

unnaked:
c938940e.jpg