Elden ring!

• Thread starter BusinessMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
It looks fantastic, just as expected. They are adding a checkpoint system as well, which I think is a nice addition. Always found the run from a bonfire to the bossfights a bit tedious. At least the first 20 attempts before you learn the moveset of the boss. :D

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
go watch vaatividya's gameplay vid, he spends 30 minutes just exploring parts of the game during network testing. It got me way more hyped than the official gameplay trailer. They added destructible environments and crafting elements as well.

wankerness

Reaction score
I like that the crafting elements sound like they're totally optional, like anything you can craft can be bought off vendors instead.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
I'm still avoiding all the gameplay vids but idk if i'm gonna make it to Feb. I wonder if the deluxe edition just means "pre order DLC as well" or maybe you get Hodir's set or something?

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm still avoiding all the gameplay vids but idk if i'm gonna make it to Feb. I wonder if the deluxe edition just means "pre order DLC as well" or maybe you get Hodir's set or something?

Looking at the version breakdowns, there's literally nothing in those expensive editions that affects gameplay besides one "bonus gesture." No costumes, no in-game items, no nothing. Mostly just soundtrack, digital "adventure guide," and then a bunch of physical stuff for the most expensive version.

No DLC or season passes. I don't think Fromsoft has ever done those ahead of time? I dunno if they even plan on DLC, they never released any for Sekiro.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
The network test videos made me decide it's time for an Xbox Series X so I've got one of those on the way to me now. This is really the only game I'm looking forward to so I'm stoked.

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a few things (particularly HZD2 and God of War 2), but these vids have definitely put this #1. The only thing I'm worried about is death runbacks, I didn't catch how that worked in any of the videos. Do you spawn from the "bonfire" equivalents, or was there some kind of secondary checkpoint thing?

Siggevaio

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a few things (particularly HZD2 and God of War 2), but these vids have definitely put this #1. The only thing I'm worried about is death runbacks, I didn't catch how that worked in any of the videos. Do you spawn from the "bonfire" equivalents, or was there some kind of secondary checkpoint thing?
There is a checkpoint system. You can find something called a "Stake of Marika" where you can choose to respawn instead of at a site of grace (bonfire). I have no idea of how frequent these will be but hopefully they are pretty close to the bossfights.

wankerness

Reaction score
There is a checkpoint system. You can find something called a "Stake of Marika" where you can choose to respawn instead of at a site of grace (bonfire). I have no idea of how frequent these will be but hopefully they are pretty close to the bossfights.

I did remember Iron Pineapple saying something about the boss runbacks being way less bad than some in the past, but didn't remember WHY. That must explain it!

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
vaati said they're typically next to very dangerous areas, like certain enemy camps and boss fights.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Any official word on whether next gen players will be able to connect with previous gen consoles? There's no way I'm going to be able to snag a Series X or PS5 before release, and I refuse to get the digital only variants.

I need me some Fromsoft pvp and DS3 has been dead for the last few years on Xbox. Always running into the same people over and over gets old quick.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Finally got around to pre-ordering, the hype is real now! Fingers crossed that launch goes smoothly next week.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I think they confirmed that mounts cannot be used in multiplayer