Electro-Harmonix Hell Melter HM2

• Thread starter olejason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
It's cool that EHX is trying their hand at this type, but I wasn't a fan of most of the tones in their video until maybe the last segment.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Honestly the mix they use for the vid is weird tbh. But i do like the doom tones tho

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
They sure did their research on how to cater to 13 year olds.

Do 13 year olds even get the association at this point in time? The whole Satan/666 being tied to metal was more of an 80’s/90’s thing. There’s a whole slew of guys that were into that shit in the 80’s that are now the “GOBLESS MURICA!”….whatever the fuck they are. :lol:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the Lone Wolf Audio guy start shit-talking these pedals and EHX as a company for ripping off his business model of ripping off HM-2 designs :lol:

I've had a couple of MIJ HM-2 pedals and could never really get into "that" sound, but this seems promising if I ever get the itch to try again :metal:

Scordare

Reaction score
Stupid name and these demos sound like ass.. The KMA Wurm destroys this thing!

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
The last segment has a pretty cool sound and riffs going on tbh. But yeah the rest has a strange mix thing going on and doesn't sound great

sylcfh

Reaction score
They could have been a little more creative and made the artwork a bunch of bees with little devil horns on them.

akinari

Reaction score
Curious about this cause of the extra features, even though the demo didn't blow me away. Excited to hear it in the hands of the usual suspect youtubers though. I love the HM2, but not for the chainsaw sound - it's really cool as a boost, used in conjunction with other pedals, or with a parametric EQ after.

0rimus

Reaction score
If I made guitar noises with my mouth into a Rock Band mic we'd have ended up with more desirable guitar tone than what that demo gave us.

Also one time I went to rehouse a guitar pedal into a new enclosure. Hastily scrawled the hole placement, laid the pedal on the ground, and drilled the holes with a 7 year old electric hand drill. Quite a few beers involved.

And still had better fitment than Lone Wolf Audio, or Void Manufacturing or whatever tf dude calls himself.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I don’t trust EHX to produce a demo as good as any of their pedals.

I may have to pick one of these up at some point.

Latest posts