Electro-Harmonix Hell Melter HM2

• Thread starter olejason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do 13 year olds even get the association at this point in time? The whole Satan/666 being tied to metal was more of an 80’s/90’s thing. There’s a whole slew of guys that were into that shit in the 80’s that are now the “GOBLESS MURICA!”….whatever the fuck they are. :lol:

I play both kinds of music...praise AND worship.

I used to run a DOD American Metal into a Crate combo. It sounded like crap.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new demos on their site seem promising. Props for playing AtG and actual death metal. Definitely has similar honk in the mids as the real deal.

Does it seem a little light gain wise to anyone else or just me? I wish these were just a smidge cheaper - they are just pricey enough that if I bought and didn't like it, I'd be bothered just letting it sit around, but also not expensive enough that it would be worth reselling and shipping 😂

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does it seem a little light gain wise to anyone else or just me? I wish these were just a smidge cheaper - they are just pricey enough that if I bought and didn't like it, I'd be bothered just letting it sit around, but also not expensive enough that it would be worth reselling and shipping 😂

I've had a couple DOD American Metal pedals, and they weren't super high-gain. They made up for it in feedback.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
HM2 pedals didn't have a lot of gain even with everything dimed. They sound high gain in recordings because they were either pushing an already distorted amp (Bloodbath, In Flames) or being pushed by another pedal (Entombed)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
HM2 pedals didn't have a lot of gain even with everything dimed. They sound high gain in recordings because they were either pushing an already distorted amp (Bloodbath, In Flames) or being pushed by another pedal (Entombed)
So run it into my triangle fuzz into my superlead, is what you’re saying.