Elysian Guitars - The Thread

• Thread starter ElysianGuitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
0hUB5Oh.jpg

oySgsJ0.jpg

dKyTUcb.jpg

bvPWQzx.jpg

I don't think I need to say much on this one...

Though I will say there's still a few things I need to do before I can string it up, like finish the fret job. Nothing really major though.

YkwOtft.jpg

Slotted 5 of the 6 fretboards today. I'll have to make a template for the 29.4" scale length.

wk8Uljt.jpg

Glued one of the fretboards on. This stock guitar will be a 6 string with a Graphtech Resomax TOM. The fretboard under all the clamps is roasted birdseye maple.

Oh, and I'm a Certified SolidWorks Associate as of this morning, took the exam before heading to the shop.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
This is a seriously kick ass headstock.

So what sort of body styles, neck profiles, and construction types (e.g., neck-through, set, or bolt-on) do you offer?

I've got my Espada modern superstrat shape, another version that's a little more rounded, my Deep Eddy single cut, the Thresher X shape, another that's a take on the Explorer, a V shape, and two different headless shapes.

I do bolt on mainly, with inserts and actual bolts, but also will do set neck and neck through.

I can do most types of neck carves that aren't patented, and also offer two asymmetrical options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NovaLion

Novum Ingenium
Reaction score
I've got my Espada modern superstrat shape, another version that's a little more rounded, my Deep Eddy single cut, the Thresher X shape, another that's a take on the Explorer, a V shape, and two different headless shapes.

I do bolt on mainly, with inserts and actual bolts, but also will do set neck and neck through.

I can do most types of neck carves that aren't patented, and also offer two asymmetrical options.

Do you have pictures of all these body offerings? Or mockups, etc.? I'd be interested to see your take on them.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
That green guitar looks fkn flawless. I'm amazed by your finishing skills every time, Adam. Really looking forward to seeing the stock builds!

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
That green guitar looks fkn flawless. I'm amazed by your finishing skills every time, Adam. Really looking forward to seeing the stock builds!

Thanks! Speaking of...

Oio24gU.jpg

This one is starting to look like a guitar already!

5xUqwDu.jpg

Next fretboard glued up.

sFdzSXj.jpg

Side dots and face dots done on this one.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
:scream: MAAAAAAAAAAAAPLE FRETBOARD!!!! :scream:

Fkn love maple fretboards. I love the grain patterns in those 2 you've got there too.

JuliusJahn

Luthier
Reaction score
roasted maple is such a good looking wood. Got a few tops of it in the storage room.

You're quick progress is inspiring and makes me want to buy a cnc/put in a few more hours every night :shred: