ENGL E810 1U 20watt Stereo Poweramp?

lewis

Reaction score
Reviews, videos and basic information on this seems super scarce. But it looks great on paper.

Anyone had one, got one, or has a mate that has one and can wade in with any kind of opinion on them?
EL84 tubes. Two 20watt tube power sections. Has tube monitor lights
Pretty sure it has 4 preamp tubes too.
Presence/Depth knobs.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I’m surprised you don’t hear more about these too.

After owning a handful of Fryette power amps, I’ve stuck with those. Others (at least in the US) favor Mesa.

Merrekof

Reaction score
Had a huge gas for them, years ago when they came. Never came across them in stores, never seen them in the wild but I do recall one popping up on the used market. It was gone almost immediately.

So no, I'm not helpful but I like to read others opinion on them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scordare

Reaction score
If it is anything like the Marshall & Mesa 20/20, 1U power amps, I would say pass on it.. There is probably a good reason why you haven’t heard much about it.. and why the Mesa & Marshall were discontinued.. These el84 power amps are pushed hard..run very hot..devour tubes and sound really mushy at band/live volumes. As much as I wanted to love my Mesa 20-20..I couldn’t get it to sound good and got tired of replacing tubes every 6 months.

lewis

Reaction score
If it is anything like the Marshall & Mesa 20/20, 1U power amps, I would say pass on it.. There is probably a good reason why you haven’t heard much about it.. and why the Mesa & Marshall were discontinued.. These el84 power amps are pushed hard..run very hot..devour tubes and sound really mushy at band/live volumes. As much as I wanted to love my Mesa 20-20..I couldn’t get it to sound good and got tired of replacing tubes every 6 months.

Ive found an R&R 1U poweramp that uses two 6l6s. Presuming thats going to be way better than these EL84 amps?

Merrekof

Reaction score
This is something I've read more on the internet. People complaining about their 1HE tube poweramp overheating. A suggestion was to keep another HE open for cooling..wich defeats the purpose of having a 1HE device.

Latest posts