ENGL Victor Smolski Limited Edition - Amp Hell or Metal Heaven?

Massive Sound Productions

Reaction score
Happy new amp day! After wanting an ENGL amp for quite a long time I finally had a chance to grab the „ENGL from hell“, the Victor Smolski head. After playing it intensively for the last few weeks and compare it with some other amps like my Diezel's, EVH, PRS or the first generation ENGL Invader and used it in my recordings for my latest song I decided to do a review for my YouTube channel and show what the amp is capable of. The Smolski might not be the most versatile amp out there and his typical voicing can be heard in every channel, nevertheless its very special, aggressive sound can steal your heart in a second. In my Review I tried to capture all his channels as close as I can hear them by myself in my room and in addition did a full mix of the recorded song that you can hear how the Smolski sounds in the mix. Hope you like my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsH8HdyL9Aw

Have you ever played the Victor Smolski head? What is your favorite ENGL out there? Looking forward to hear your thoughts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts