Engl Vs Peavey

• Thread starter Tulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tulu

Banned
Reaction score
The EVH 5150 III deal didn't go through with me. Didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

Thinking about getting a voodoo modded 6505 or an Invader 100.
Now, I love 5150's, but I have never played an invader.

I play metal/death/etc.

Obviously Invader wins at versatility.
How brutal can the Invader get?

Price range aside, which one would you get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Man..honestly...haven't we done this? Surely if not you a million others before you...did you use the search function?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
that's because vs. threads are not all that useful. Especially when considering 2 amps so far apart as an Invader and a 5150.

The Invader can get brutal enough - the question is, do you like the flavor of brutality it offers.

bulb

Reaction score
honestly just find a way to try them out, both amps are awesome and in different contexts i would use both
i would say that the invader does cut through a mix considerably better, has a better lead tone and is a much tighter amp, but considering it costs 3 times as much it damn well better haha

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
honestly just find a way to try them out, both amps are awesome and in different contexts i would use both
i would say that the invader does cut through a mix considerably better, has a better lead tone and is a much tighter amp, but considering it costs 3 times as much it damn well better haha

:agreed:

Vstro

Reaction score
I've played tons of ENGL's through a variety of cabs and the only head i seemed to love was the Ritchie Blackmore Sig. Its all in personal taste.

Shaman

Reaction score
I've played tons of ENGL's through a variety of cabs and the only head i seemed to love was the Ritchie Blackmore Sig. Its all in personal taste.

Yep, even if I love my Invader, I totally agree.

To be honest, I think there's maybe a bit too much hype surrounding ENGL amps on this forum. They are great amps, but they do have a sound of their own, and it really is not for everyone.

Me, I love my Invader, but I still prefer my Triple Rectifier.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
which one threads are as always going to be full of opinions, really the only thing you can do, and i know most of us can't really just go out and try them, is really, to actually do just that, try it and see which one you like best.

i've yet to try a Bogner or a Deizel, i've tried every Engl, and for brutal shit, it's a matter of taste really, i didn't get what i wanted out of it, but my Mesa DR does exactly what i want it too, might even try some mods, tube change and a boost soon for experimentation.

but the fact remains, we could say Peavey, other could say Engl, it really depends on you mate, what your ears tell YOU, not what we tell you.

you say you didn't like the 5150 III, i loved it, but it would be more of an amp i would like to experiment with, maybe mix the 5150 III half stack with my Mesa DR half stack, see what kinda of sounds that would give me, endless options mate.

Latest posts