Epiphone 2020, ft open-book headstocks and MiA lines

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skullet

Reaction score
Looks like Epiphone will be getting my money. Not sure what model I’ll be going for though. Quite a few I want lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Those Muse series ones are attractive for the price. Throw some Thornbuckers in there for that 24.75" scale carved top sound. If QC is what it normally is with the brand, it will rival a Gibson in playability if not materials. I'd drop $500 on one and let my kids play on it to get started and use it for shows/recordings myself when I get the wild hair.

ZERO1

Reaction score
need specs for that ghost horse asap!! Also whats up with them just glancing over all those amazing epiphone prophecy series guitars? I wanted a better view :(

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm assuming they all come with a gigbag?

Splenetic

Reaction score
front-300_600.png

*hhhhnngggggghhhhhh*

giphy.gif

Zhysick

Reaction score
Yes, the Epi catalogue is very fucking hot ... VERY FUCKING HOT I SAID! I played an SG for the first time in my life just a few days ago, an old G400, probably from late 90s, and that's because I have always thought that I won't like the playing position on an SG but... Damn!!! It was really comfortable and have that "Les Paul" sound (I mean, typical Gibson dual Humbucker all mahogany tone) but with flat top and bevels... it is really comfortable and the new models isn't making it any easy to stop myself from buying one...

I like the Modern with the 24 frets but also the kinky colors of the Muse... It's going to be hard... Modern SG and Muse LP? Maybe that's the only way... Lol!

Zhysick

Reaction score
Was about to pick up a Jared James Nichols "Old Glory", but with them switching to the throwback headstock now, I think I'll wait.

Yes! But if old models get a pretty nice discount... I mean, I wouldn't mind getting an Iommi Sig. if I could get it as cheap as one of the new Muse or standard SGs...

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Yes! But if old models get a pretty nice discount... I mean, I wouldn't mind getting an Iommi Sig. if I could get it as cheap as one of the new Muse or standard SGs...
True! Wonder if this will eventually have Artists preferring the discontinued headstock...

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Epi LP Phrophecy with axcess type heel, Ebony fretboard, and Fluence pickups.
Another LP with a Graphtech Floyd trem. And the SG and V are 24 feet with ebony boards and Fluence pickups.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I swear I was thinking and trying to not buy new guitars, to set up again my old LTD EX-100, put new pickups in it, make it sound and play great again so I could have just one guitar because I don't play that much anymore and it hurts me to have guitars in the closet not being played but epiphone is making my decision very very very difficult... Damn you Epi!!!!!

ZERO1

Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this question for me. I am looking at all the videos covering epiphones from namm, but none except Anderstons video even mention or show the epiphones on the wall. So the new prophecy series and the ghost horse. super disappointing.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe someone can answer this question for me. I am looking at all the videos covering epiphones from namm, but none except Anderstons video even mention or show the epiphones on the wall. So the new prophecy series and the ghost horse. super disappointing.

So what is your question? :scratch:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
why hasn't anyone covered those models?

Probably because they're not a "cool" hype brand. Folks like NAMM coverage of stuff that's either popular or interesting. New Epiphones don't tend to fall into that category for most.

Not that there's anything wrong with Epiphone. They make neat stuff and looks like this year they're brining about some changes that folks have been asking for.

A quick search shows coverage from many of the "usual suspects" like Sweetwater, L&M,Music Radar, etc.