ERG Country?

• Thread starter bjgrifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bjgrifter

Djentleman, Esq.
Reaction score
I prefer metal, but, I'm really enjoying playing along with other genres.

I'm just curious if there are any country musicians that regularly use a 7+, not including a lap steel guitar

I have my lone 8-string in FA#FA#D#FA#D#, because of Monuments, but I'm seeing this become pretty versatile.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I don't know about more strings, but I know the Fender Bass 6s used to be fairly common, and that's a 30" scale guitar tuned down an octave from E

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
There's a bunch of country rock bands that have nu metal riffs, maybe one of those do?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Something else to keep in mind, outlaw country. It was all about going against the Nashville sound and doing your own thing.

It's like how I keep my acoustic in D standard, because I have a low singing voice, so that extra step down makes it easier for me to sing stuff. But going by "country rules" using a capo is okay, but tuning down doesn't make any sense.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As has already been mentioned, there's quite a few country songs tuned down, usually on baritones, and of course outlaw country and what not. Hell Clint Black's Killin' Time intro riff I think is tuned down to G.