ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
Wow that’s a teardrop burst gone wrong. That looks like an Abbath burst.

IMMORTAL_by_Caroline_Lauder_of_LOUDER_IMAGES_IMG_8034-1.jpg

ixlramp

Reaction score
Well 'woohoo'.

I was just thinking how we're approaching year end, and how next year's new guitars will almost all be the same old shapes and designs but in the latest combinations of top woods and colours, which strangely seems to excite people.
It's commercial trickery, the illusion of newness by endlessly switching around a few aspects of little significance. No real progression and extremely boring.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
How many non-wood space material based guitars are ever really commercially available to buy at any one time?

My predictions?

More maple goodness. Angel Vivaldi Charvel. Gus G releases is star with an ebony fretboard because it’s my prediction/wishlist and I can say whatever I want.

Also people to start buying EMG’s again because the circle must be completed.

And maybe a new Jackson signature model or two.

Going for line drives here, lol.

Zado

Reaction score
Well 'woohoo'.

I was just thinking how we're approaching year end, and how next year's new guitars will almost all be the same old shapes and designs but in the latest combinations of top woods and colours, which strangely seems to excite people.
It's commercial trickery, the illusion of newness by endlessly switching around a few aspects of little significance. No real progression and extremely boring.
Brutallly true, but I'm personally fine with old shapes, I mean, my whole GAS list is built around Strats, LPs, Flying Vs, Teles, 80's superstrats and not much else, and makes me feel so very sadly old.
That's also the reason why I feel so uncomfy with ESP new catalogs lately which is even sadder.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I would buy that EC for sure, if its the T CTM it will be full thickness and likely still have a maple top.... and cmon silverburst. I could justify that for sure.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
TBH I predict a lot of boring shit, same old same old. ESP needs something new and I'm not talking about sparkles and glitter.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hoping for an Carpenter 8-string with a Floyd.

That would be amazing! We should sell our cars, to prepare to hitch a ride on the flying pigs that will occur then, as well. :lol:

I'm going with @r3tr0sp3ct1v3 's prediction. Enough new stuff to make me go to their website and page through it all, only to realize that I'm giving them my time, but not my money.

Hopefully Ibanez will have some new kickass models that I can't afford, but at least drool over. ESP has been disappointing me over the last few years. The only two things I found interesting were the Doris Yeh sig E-II bass (which I bought) and the Babymetal Arrow (which I can't afford).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ESP has been disappointing me over the last few years.

I couldn't agree more. They've had probably the best 7/8-string player roster for awhile now and seem to squander it.

Don't get me wrong, they've released some cool stuff, but it's usually 600 series or below or released in such small numbers that actually getting something is a chore.