ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I tip my hat to ESP to their recent LTD line from this past NAMM (I think) they released a bunch of new colours in the 1000-Deluxe Series (Green, Blue, Purple...) with different pickup options (Duncans and some Fishman options--not just the typical EMG's) and bridge options (hipshot and a few evertunes).

I would like to see them expand the E-II line further though, and start pushing it more in North America. This year they released a handful of new E-II's which were awesome--I'd like to see more!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I would do terrible things for the galneryus star. I swear if they made these available outside Japan I'd buy em
30391397547_75cddbfdc5_c.jpg

angl2k

Reaction score
I hope they will release an E-II multiscale or an E-II headless guitar but I don't know if the LTD multiscale sold very well at all.

Or maybe an E-II Horizon in purple or red sparkle that'll be awesome :D

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I hope they will release an E-II multiscale or an E-II headless guitar but I don't know if the LTD multiscale sold very well at all.

It’s so hard to please everyone. Case in point: I love everything about those 1007/1008MS except that they’re multiscale! I certainly would have bought a straight-scale 1008 with those specs but just don’t want the fanned frets. I dunno why ESP/EII/LTD has been so reluctant to make just normal 7/8 string versions of their famous M-II.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score

it'd be cool if they just did more sparkles in general.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s so hard to please everyone. Case in point: I love everything about those 1007/1008MS except that they’re multiscale! I certainly would have bought a straight-scale 1008 with those specs but just don’t want the fanned frets. I dunno why ESP/EII/LTD has been so reluctant to make just normal 7/8 string versions of their famous M-II.

For real. My M-II models were my favorite ESP guitars. Nothing fancy, just great workhorse guitars you could play all day.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
Right now you either go for a cheaper MIK or MII model for around $1k or, if they even offer it, a Japanese CS version for $4k+.
My CS ESP is supposed to be here this week and I wish it was only 4k for a simply specc'd NV. Seems like they start 50% higher than that .

What I want to see is a NV with a Floyd in the E-II line but I won't hold my breath.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My CS ESP is supposed to be here this week and I wish it was only 4k for a simply specc'd NV. Seems like they start 50% higher than that .

What I want to see is a NV with a Floyd in the E-II line but I won't hold my breath.

I was talking about the "production" CS stuff like the STEF B8 or GH EC.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
I was talking about the "production" CS stuff like the STEF B8 or GH EC.
That makes sense. Those are still pricey from what I see. Really want a Hanneman but they are always listed for 5-6k

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That makes sense. Those are still pricey from what I see. Really want a Hanneman but they are always listed for 5-6k

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It would be awesome to have an E-II variant for about half the price.

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
You can definitely do better than MAP depending on dealer. I've seen an Adler model which is probably the most expensive Signature right now, quoted in the upper 4k range not that that is "cheap" by any means.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Not a typical M-II in terms of specs, I admit:

https://www.espguitars.com/products...-hipshot?category_id=1963528-m-series-guitars

xlarge.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

Yeah, and I think that was a long time coming and a step in the right direction. Personally not my thing because of the bridge (MII needs a Floyd, come on man) and the top, but I see why others like it.

I think they’d easily be able to dive sales by just switching things up. One year have those specs. Another year have a different bridge and finish. Next year maybe a different finger board or scale, etc. No need to reinvent the wheel or offer outlandish things or have an immense catalog from year to year. Just know that there are a variety of specs people would choose and spread the love over the years.

icipher

Reaction score
Hopefully ESP starts putting stainless frets on their higher end LTD guitars and ESP's. They're pretty late to that party. I won't buy a guitar over $1k without SS frets.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
7 string E-II Horizon with a TOM bridge. Maybe a slightly longer scale length.

I fucking love the E-II range. Good prices. Great quality. And they always sound good.