ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted a NGD thread too but I am so pumped I just got this. The neck and fretboard are so amazingly silky smooth on this guy. ESP Japan always knocks it out of the park

IMG-6918.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I posted a NGD thread too but I am so pumped I just got this. The neck and fretboard are so amazingly silky smooth on this guy. ESP Japan always knocks it out of the park

IMG-6918.jpg
Damn, the more I see these posted the more I want one. The color is just growing on me!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

IMG-6918.jpg
Looks amazing.

I remember as a kid walking through a Sam Ash that had a Sunburst Tiger on the floor. I rush over to it since it was the coolest looking guitar I'd ever seen, and I was so shocked at how heavy it was. I thought it must be made of lead.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Looks amazing.

I remember as a kid walking through a Sam Ash that had a Sunburst Tiger on the floor. I rush over to it since it was the coolest looking guitar I'd ever seen, and I was so shocked at how heavy it was. I thought it must be made of lead.

Most (although not all) of my best sounding guitars are heavy. Doesn't bother me at all and it also tends to give a feel of quality.

If there was an LTD version of OP's guitar, I'd have one for sure! I'd hate to see what the ESPs are selling for these days, however.... 😵‍💫

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Most (although not all) of my best sounding guitars are heavy. Doesn't bother me at all and it also tends to give a feel of quality.

If there was an LTD version of OP's guitar, I'd have one for sure! I'd hate to see what the ESPs are selling for these days, however.... 😵‍💫
I have always been of the opinion that a guitar is more than the sum of its parts, i.e. you can't judge how a guitar is going to sound by how heavy it is, what wood it's made of, how thick the neck is, the construction, the pickups, etc. Some guitars come together and "have it", and there's no set of specs you can come up with that will result in all guitars you make having "it". I like light guitars, and all of my guitars sound amazing.

For example: people generally say mahogany body/neck guitars will be darker, but my PRS is my brightest and tightest guitar by a huge long shot. I was using it as a pickup testing mule for a while and LOVED the Lundgren M6 in it, but when I put it in my Horizon-II it was a dark, muddy mess and that guitar is like 75% maple with only mahogany wings. The H-II is only 5oz heavier than the PRS even with the Floyd so it's hard to say heavier guitars sound darker from this either. I ended up with EMG's in the H-II to tame the loose chonkiness in the sound.

I do agree about heavier guitars "feeling" more quality though - there is something nice about a finely crafted heavy guitar that just feels premium. On the other hand, I think heavy guitars feel cheaper when it's a budget offering.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I have always been of the opinion that a guitar is more than the sum of its parts, i.e. you can't judge how a guitar is going to sound by how heavy it is, what wood it's made of, how thick the neck is, the construction, the pickups, etc. Some guitars come together and "have it", and there's no set of specs you can come up with that will result in all guitars you make having "it". I like light guitars, and all of my guitars sound amazing.

For example: people generally say mahogany body/neck guitars will be darker, but my PRS is my brightest and tightest guitar by a huge long shot. I was using it as a pickup testing mule for a while and LOVED the Lundgren M6 in it, but when I put it in my Horizon-II it was a dark, muddy mess and that guitar is like 75% maple with only mahogany wings. The H-II is only 5oz heavier than the PRS even with the Floyd so it's hard to say heavier guitars sound darker from this either. I ended up with EMG's in the H-II to tame the loose chonkiness in the sound.

I do agree about heavier guitars "feeling" more quality though - there is something nice about a finely crafted heavy guitar that just feels premium. On the other hand, I think heavy guitars feel cheaper when it's a budget offering.
I generally have to agree, though I don't like it. Guitars are pretty unpredictable.

coolverine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got Delivery today of my new Holy Grail

ESP Eclipse I CTM FT Dark Purple Satin (DPS)

This model is kind of ESP`s take on the Refinished Purple Satin Gibson Les Paul Hetfiled had in 2004:
View attachment 137620

For whatever reason there are not many of this Eclipse´s around and even less in FT (Full Thickness)
On my hunt for the guitar I even struggled finding pics of it online since its that rar.
It was only offered in the ESP Export Catalog 2006 (not in the Regular 2006 ESP Catalog) maybe thats another reason why there are only a handful out there.
View attachment 137621

so here it is in all its glory and absolutely Mint for being 17 years old :cool:

View attachment 137622

The pre owner installed some Gibson Custombuckers PAF Alnico III (50`s reissue) Pickups but I also got the stock EMG´s with it so I might sell the Custombuckers and switch back to EMG since my pur and only Metal playing is not worth the Gibson Custom Shop Pickups xD

View attachment 137623
View attachment 137624
goddamnit! where did you find this? i've been searching for one of these off and on (which is likely why i can miss them) and they never come up. Sadly a pretty big ESP dealer had a NOS one on Reverb like a few months about for like $1500 and I missed it. great score.

randall696

Reaction score
goddamnit! where did you find this? i've been searching for one of these off and on (which is likely why i can miss them) and they never come up. Sadly a pretty big ESP dealer had a NOS one on Reverb like a few months about for like $1500 and I missed it. great score.
It didn’t went up on any sales platform ;)

u usually never find really rar stuff by keeping an eye on reverb / eBay etc. there is too much competition there is always someone seeing it earlier or having the right funds to grab it asap even timezone differences might make it impossible to see a one off item fast enough to grab it xD

At least every rar find I did was due to pro active searching things like texting random dudes on instagram who once posted a pic of one so chances are they have knowledge who has one or still own it themselves and then convince them to sell :p and there are many more ways I also keep an eye on foreign Language Instument sales platforms like French and Spanish ones cause large to ship items like guitars ppl tend to fist list locally before going the international route to reverb etc.

But since this is a pic thread and not so much chat around here an updated pic of the beauty now with black Gotoh hardware and Gotoh Tuners (was cosmo black before) added the EMG 57 / 66 set, changed the knobs / toggle to the Hetfield configuration.
IMG_8526.jpeg

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Got my third Edwards Les Paul this weekend (the left one). I've been looking for a good EMG guitar for a while, and I've always loved the look of a les Paul custom with emg's. This came up and I got a decent deal on it. Plays like I suspected it would and it sounds great. It's an E-LP 130cd that some previous owner modded with emg's and some other stuff.

IMG_20240204_164630125~2.jpg

Johny2wong

Reaction score
Got my third Edwards Les Paul this weekend (the left one). I've been looking for a good EMG guitar for a while, and I've always loved the look of a les Paul custom with emg's. This came up and I got a decent deal on it. Plays like I suspected it would and it sounds great. It's an E-LP 130cd that some previous owner modded with emg's and some other stuff.

View attachment 137929

In term of neck thickness and shape, how you do describe Edwards vs Eclipse ?

Ps: sorry for making new post. I'm a long time silent reader and don't see quote symbol before.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
In term of neck thickness and shape, how you do describe Edwards vs Eclipse ?

Ps: sorry for making new post. I'm a long time silent reader and don't see quote symbol before.

All ltd eclipses I've ever played have what I call the "regular" ltd neck shape, never played an ESP eclipse. I dunno what to describe it as but my viper and ltd mh50 generally feel pretty similar. They're pretty thin, but also pretty round.

These Edwards Les Pauls are just way more Gibson-y. I'd say the 60's slim taper neck is what comes closest the way I feel them. They're no baseball bats but they're definitely no regular esp/ltd shreddy thin necks.

coolverine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

View attachment 137929

Customs are just so iconic to me. Double bound body, headstock binding, they just cannot look bad.

I'm drooling just by looking your eclipse PL. I hope you dont mind. haha

thanks! it's such a great guitar. i briefly thought about selling it but it's a totally keeper unless something MASSIVE drops and I need to make some funds/clear space. It has a doofy cartman sticker on the back, which would usually bother the hell out of me, but i like the idea of seeing how others do things to guitars I get used. Thankfully it's on the back! No go on something like that one the front.

coolverine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What are your reviews of the Hammett Spider and Truckster??
I've had the Truckster since brand new back in 2005, absolutely love it. has such a great weight and neck. Really great sustain. It needs a little bit of a setup since there's some buzzing, but that's honestly more due to just 20 years of having it and changing string changes a bunch through my playing journey.

Th Spide, I was surprised at how heavy it is! The body is clearly a full thickness slab when compared to the Truckster but the weight is surprising. I don't like trems, so the Floyd is a nuisance to me. I got it because I always liked Kirk's spider and when they reissued it I thought it could be a nice piece to have. I do like the pickups and the scalloped higher frets are pretty neat.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Got my Horizon II back finally!

IMG-9718.jpg

But more importantly, I got some new straps today!!!

IMG-9719.jpg

Still on the lookout for a more suitable strap for the M-II.
What's going on with the headstock on the one second from left? Is that like a lawsuit headstock?

Nice straps btw, you filthy weeb😛 Maybe you could get a Misato and Ritsuko strap for the middle ones so the whole squad can match. I do like the fast food one, though, it's cute.