ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Never have I seen an LTD logo like on this Horizon...pretty cool!

Probably one of the only LTDS that have it. Let alone one of the few ESPs period. I only remember the original Horizon basses, and later on some of the Horizon III basses, using them, but that's it. It's such an oddball guitar that I needed it. :lol: IIRC it was only made when ESP did that limited run of Japanes LTDs in the late '90s.

It needs a neck shim, but that's pretty much it. It sounds beastly. I do wanna replace the pickups down the road, though. Needs a bit more brightness.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

A pair of 1997 (late 1998) MiJ LTDs. An H2 on the left, and an EXP200 on the right.

2L5ok.jpg

2L5oj.jpg

2L5om.jpg

Those are awesome, the oldest of old school LTDs. 96-04 are still the best period for LTDs I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yup, my H-207 has that goofy lowercase scribble. I think I might grab a H-200 if I can find one not beat to shit. Starting to think I prefer bolt-on guitars over neck-thru.

jd9z8008n5xbthwvfge3hfj5mc.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yup, my H-207 has that goofy lowercase scribble. I think I might grab a H-200 if I can find one not beat to shit. Starting to think I prefer bolt-on guitars over neck-thru.

jd9z8008n5xbthwvfge3hfj5mc.jpg

If I were to grab another horizon, I'd do the same. Those old H100s, 200s, and 300s came in some cool finishes.

Although my next purchase guitar wise is probably gonna be a Snakebyte.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
If I were to grab another horizon, I'd do the same. Those old H100s, 200s, and 300s came in some cool finishes.

Although my next purchase guitar wise is probably gonna be a Snakebyte.

That H2 is very hard to find, those were in the original lineup. The H-100, H-200, and H-300 replaced them and all were made for a few years. A very cool find.

Gerin

Reaction score
How about an even older Horizon.... Bought this brand new in the late 80's to early 90's not sure of the exact time. Still plays decently, had to replace several parts of the craptastic sinclair floyd imitation with legit floyd parts. In a few more years it will need a fret job replacement. I also hated the angle of the trem bar so I heated and bent it to my liking since I had and still have no real intentions of letting it go. I have only seen one other on the net of the same era that this one is. It was white and about a year ago saw it on Reverb for sale. http://www.sevenstring.org/media/albums/esp-horizon-custom.9/

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
How about an even older Horizon.... Bought this brand new in the late 80's to early 90's not sure of the exact time. Still plays decently, had to replace several parts of the craptastic sinclair floyd imitation with legit floyd parts. In a few more years it will need a fret job replacement. I also hated the angle of the trem bar so I heated and bent it to my liking since I had and still have no real intentions of letting it go. I have only seen one other on the net of the same era that this one is. It was white and about a year ago saw it on Reverb for sale. http://www.sevenstring.org/media/albums/esp-horizon-custom.9/
How about that tease.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That H2 is very hard to find, those were in the original lineup. The H-100, H-200, and H-300 replaced them and all were made for a few years. A very cool find.

It's why glad I found it. Got it for cheap because duder had no clue what he had.

I wish they did a baritone cockstock horizon. I know theres the BS7 with the ebony board but those are rare as fuck.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Saw this used Horizon in natural quilted finish with BKP Blackhawks for 1400€ (~1650$)

Is it too pricey or should I go for it ?

View attachment 64003

Assuming it is a Standard Series ( I believe they had this color for Europe), it is a bit pricey. Max is usually around $1200 US used. Though it is cool enough, as that color is not common at all, that I might consider paying more.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Assuming it is a Standard Series ( I believe they had this color for Europe), it is a bit pricey. Max is usually around $1200 US used. Though it is cool enough, as that color is not common at all, that I might consider paying more.
Yeah it is a cool and unique color but unless it is a Custom Shop that is way over priced IMO.

Jugghaid

Reaction score
Really nice guitar. It is the M-II NT with the hipshot bridge. String through body, factory BK Aftermath pickups. Bound neck. Natural binding on the body.

Pickups are dirrct mounted. Very aggressive, in a good way. I didn't buy this one to play blues licks. :D

Neck is fantastic. Fast and very comfortable. Just like you would expect. Fit and finish is superb, like all japanese ESP's. It has quickly become my #1a for the metal/hard rock stuff. It is right uo there with my PRS core Tremonti. Different flavors but both equally great guitars.

RC0S6k2.jpg

oNDjhhr.jpg

OO5fPMP.jpg

3Hgmv07.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Really nice guitar. It is the M-II NT with the hipshot bridge. String through body, factory BK Aftermath pickups. Bound neck. Natural binding on the body.

Pickups are dirrct mounted. Very aggressive, in a good way. I didn't buy this one to play blues licks. :D

Neck is fantastic. Fast and very comfortable. Just like you would expect. Fit and finish is superb, like all japanese ESP's. It has quickly become my #1a for the metal/hard rock stuff. It is right uo there with my PRS core Tremonti. Different flavors but both equally great guitars.

RC0S6k2.jpg

oNDjhhr.jpg

OO5fPMP.jpg

3Hgmv07.jpg

Beautiful. Great to hear the positive review on it, enjoy!