Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a Gibson headstock, I think they also used it on the Moderne.

The V in your video is the Adam Jones Video and you can get it for only 21.499 €

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
is this a gibson V with a dean V headstock??

It's the "original" V, or "split", headstock from the late 50's. The V, Explorer, and Moderne used this headstock.

It's important to remember that when Dean Z. began making guitars they were almost exclusively 1:1 copies of Gibsons, and the headstock, which by that time Gibson hadn't used for years, was the one he stuck with.

bloodocean

Reaction score
It's the "original" V, or "split", headstock from the late 50's. The V, Explorer, and Moderne used this...
well, TIL!

i wonder if everyone knew the polarizing V headstock is actually playing authentic™, would there would be so much angst and mean words typed into guitar forums.

manu80

Reaction score
Slime might be less expensive as there’s no more sig linked to it ? Or it is still a dime model ?
Or a rita sig ? I’m lost here lol

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slime might be less expensive as there’s no more sig linked to it ? Or it is still a dime model ?
Or a rita sig ? I’m lost here lol

Just plain MLs.

It's a smart move. If you don't give a shit about Dime these are appealing being just straight forward MLs in some reasonable finishes (mostly), and if you do care about Dime they're close enough to make most happy.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I keep hoping to see a dealer receive one of these. I could have sworn Randall at Chondro said he ordered one but maybe not…

Perge

Reaction score
Just plain MLs.

It's a smart move. If you don't give a shit about Dime these are appealing being just straight forward MLs in some reasonable finishes (mostly), and if you do care about Dime they're close enough to make most happy.
I can't see why anyone would be upset about the guitars being closer to what dime would have picked up. Seems the 2 biggest complaints throughout the years are fixed, the razorblade inlay and the DIME logo. If these are reasonably priced I might grab the tobacco burst when they start hitting shelves.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That blue/black fade “we have dime at home” looks pretty cool to me ngl. Kinda synth wave vibe from it.

The Karl Sander’s have always been on my watchlist as have the Michael ammot sits ever since his first lawsuit ESP V.

Damn lemme get off this forum right quick.

Reaction score
So...the head guy of Armadillo Enterprises inboxed me to send me one of thier "No F*cks Given" t-shirts as a thank you for making a FB post about their new lineup. I honestly had to check several times just to make sure it wasn't some angry Pantera fanboi trying to get my address 😅. Strange....And yes I'm gonna wear the shirt. Phuck y'all. Don't judge me

Latest posts