Votes: 5 55.6%
  • ETS Tuning Fork 7

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
So Schaller is failing pretty hard right now at filling orders; it will be a long ass time before I can get one for my upcoming Daemoness build. I have two other options: Evertune 7 or ETS Tuning Fork 7. I don't want a Hipshot this time, despite loving them; just want to go with something else.

I'm intrigued with Evertune, but cautious from some feedback and seeing some people have issues (maybe patience issues?) with making adjustments for bends and vibrato. I get how it works; there's enough demo's broken down Barney style so even I can understand. But outside of the usual users and adds, I'd like to know more about effects of tone mostly, sustain, and general use.

I don't have any experience with it or the ETS, which looks very nice. I've heard good things but again no real reviews or detailed feedback. I wouldn't expect anything negative but want to know the user reception. Considering that the Evertune is a dedicated decision I'd love to know anyone's thought on it. I'm not sold on either. I'm asking Dylan of course, but any other feedback is welcome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
This is Herbert from EverTune here. Setting up the strings for bending is very easy. We include a manual with every bridge and guitar which covers the complete setup and unless someone doesn't read it (it only has 4 pages) I don't see how anyone could have problems with it. Feel free to take a look at our manual if you want to: http://www.evertune.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/UserManual04.pdf

In regards to sustain, we had issues with some bolt-on guitars where the neck pocket wasn't tight enough and tremolo replacements in some cases where the bridge was not as securely anchored, affecting the sustain at the highest frets. Having that said the EverTune will sound great in well crafted quality guitars and any loss of tone or sustain should be minimal to non existent. Most of our customers don't notice any change in tone after having an EverTune installed and are very happy with it.

Personally I suggest trying an EverTune out yourself if possible, especially when considering it for an expensive custom built guitar. If not, asking Dlyan is definitely a great idea since he has already installed several of our bridges and his opinion about the EverTune will be based on actual experience with it.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Thanks for the feedback! I'm split like this poll, but I'm leaning towards ETS just for the build because of the asthetics I am shooting for. I really do want to try an EverTune, and frankly I'm likely to pull the trigger on one of the Washburn Solar models with it. All black? Yes please. But for this build I may stick with the simplicity, and that's what everyone else is saying. There is zero negative talk about the EverTune, which is great. I am all of the sudden without a solid workhorse guitar to do random pickup trials is, so it makes total sense to make sure I have an EverTune to keep demos and clips 100% matched.

I'm still wrestling with this one but that explanation answers what I needed to know.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
That's cool. I hope the information I provided was helpful and of value to you. If there's anything else I can help with just let me know. ;)