evertune bridge string spacing

• Thread starter Inguilles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Inguilles

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm thinking about changing the pickups on my evertune-equipped 6-string guitar.
I have doubts when choosing the string spacing, the spacing of my strings is 50mm which in theory is standard spaced, but depending on the brand of pickups the standard or f spaced is different
In Dimarzio the standard is 49 mm and the f is 51mm, in Seymour Duncan I think it is 52mm
Most 6 string guitars with evertune use poleless active pickups, and in this case it doesn't matter, but some with passive ones like cort, use f spaced and I'm a little confused
1711543931092.png
In this image you can clearly see that it is a trembucker, although it seems that it gives the impression that the poles are a little displaced.
Is this really important?
What size did you put when you changed it?

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Only time pole spacing matters to me is when I'm adding a chrome or nickel cover. They'll sound identical. If your OCD drives you crazy, sure. It's your guitar, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
The pickups use a single multipole field, within reason it pretty much doesn't matter at all.

Inguilles

Reaction score
I’ve really wanted one of these for a minute. Did you just not like the Nazgûl in this thing?
This is not my guitar, mine is a ltd te 1000 with emg, I took the photo from the internet to use as an example
I like emg, but I also like bk, sd nazgul.... I like to try different things, that's why I didn't know what pickup size to take