Evertune intonation problems?

gojira688

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone else had a hard time intonating an Evertune bridge? I've got one saddle that won't travel far enough. The intonation screw is all the way out and the string still isn't intonated properly (yes, I'm sure I'm going in the right direction). Any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Does your saddle hit either end of the faceplate? The saddle module can travel all the way in between the front and the back of the faceplate. If the saddle stops moving and the screw comes out, it means something inside the rout is blocking the saddle from moving, such as a ground wire, or possibly some wood that wasn't routed out correctly.

Bearitone

Reaction score

Has anyone else had a hard time intonating an Evertune bridge? I've got one saddle that won't travel far enough. The intonation screw is all the way out and the string still isn't intonated properly (yes, I'm sure I'm going in the right direction). Any advice?
Yeah what scale length and what tuning? I ran out of travel on my Evertune too. I mounted the bridge too far back and now I can’t tune any HIGHER than G standard/ Drop F

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't have experience with the Evertune, but, in general, sometimes a string just won't intonate properly. If it is misshapen or damaged, the only remedy is another string. If there's nothing wrong with the string, you might be able to solve the issue with a different gauge. A lighter gauge will tend to intonate more toward the neck (sharp) and a thicker gauge will tend to intonate more the other way (flat). Different brands will also tend to intonate differently. It could also be possible that you are tuning too high or too low. If your saddles are maxxed out sharp, you'll have to tune lower, and vice-versa. If all of that fails, your bridge is in the wrong placement.