EVH 5150 LBX vs PEAVEY 6505 Comparison (YTvid)

Sumsar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did a comparison between my EVH 5150 lbx, which is the 15 watt lunchbox amp that EVH does and my Peavey 6505.

Same settings for EQ controls and same IR used, using the two notes captor to record both amps.

I have broken my wrist, due to getting hit by a car while riding my bike, so only reamping and no playing in this vid, I hope that is okay :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Cool. Same usual consensus. 6505 crunch desperately needs a boost. EVH already seems to have it. Surprisingly unboosted 6505 red was cool. Run the EVH into the 6505 power section next! Great little amps but wow do I hate el84's after mid volume. Considered a 6v6 swap mod on my 6505mh, but my tech won't even touch it. Calls it a Chinese throwaway.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Yeah totally agree, the 6505 red can work on it's own but it is very much a matter of context. For most applications I like having some sort of low cut before the amp though.

Sure, will do a vid with the EVH into the 6505 and also maybe just record the effects loop out of the EVH and run some power amp sims as VSTs to see if you can get the real EVH sound by using the LBX purely as a preamp for other things! Might be a lot cheaper than getting a full 100 watt head, though I am very much considering getting either the 100 or 50 watt version of the amp.

Regarding the tubes, it is true that the LBX kinda sucks if you crack it up much more than 2 or 3 on the volume, though at the same time it can't be as quite as full amps. The lowest volume on the amp is still pretty loud.