NGD

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Picked up a brand new SE Silver Sky. Pretty impressed with it so far. I’ve always been on the fence with SEs and I’d heard some horror stories about the QC on these maple SS specifically, but this one seems excellent. QC, fit, finish, frets all that seem about as perfect as you could expect from an Indonesian guitar. Arrived perfectly in tune, action is too high but that’s just setup stuff

The neck is CHONKY almost as fat as the thinskon tele I used to have. Feels comfortable though and the satin is nice

Tone wise, I’ll flat out say if. I like these pickups better than my am. Pro II strat by a fair amount. More of a Jerry sound too, which is unsurprising considering it’s the Mayer sig. not so sure under dirt though, may need to adjust some settings on my amps or just crank/spend more time. Sounded a bit buzzy at low volumes through the gain channels on my mk V. Those cleans though :love:

I’m probably selling my am pro II strat. It’s a fantastic guitar but it gets the least play time of anything I have. Friends dad wants to buy it, and I got an insane hookup on this SS from friend of a another friend who works at a shop. Want to keep an S type in my collection but wanted to reallocate some funds to other stuff. Decided to grab the SS first before doing anything I might regret, but I think I’m satisfied with just rolling with this :idk:

9-E570-B70-F604-4-A2-B-94-FD-44-D159-CBA3-E3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
It's weird this has a 2 point trem, when seemingly all PRS models (SE or otherwise) have a 6 point.

You said you like these pups more than the am ii, are they higher output, more scooped, etc. ?

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
It's weird this has a 2 point trem, when seemingly all PRS models (SE or otherwise) have a 6 point.

You said you like these pups more than the am ii, are they higher output, more scooped, etc. ?

Does seem bit strange, I know very little about trems and will probably hardly lose it lol

They are slightly higher output. I wish I could articulate "it" better but alas... all I can really say is side by side I enjoy the clean tones on the ss more lol

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Enjoy!

Does the prs have the same setup as the am pro? Set up the am pro to play and have same pickup height as the prs before you let it go (and new strings on both) and that’ll let you see the differences nicely :yesway:.

I tried usa and se silver skies and still dont get it. My strat GAS has waned (and i bought more gear) so both mine need new homes. Likely find a nicely priced am pro for the next time it hits.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Enjoy!

Does the prs have the same setup as the am pro? Set up the am pro to play and have same pickup height as the prs before you let it go (and new strings on both) and that’ll let you see the differences nicely :yesway:.

I tried usa and se silver skies and still dont get it. My strat GAS has waned (and i bought more gear) so both mine need new homes. Likely find a nicely priced am pro for the next time it hits.

The am. pro stuff is just all around fantastic

Haven't tried the USA SS but yeah the feel and neck of an am. pro is wildly different from the SS, so if the SS wasn't for you the american pro very well may be.

I'll probably end up with one of those limited semi hollo am. pro 2 teles pretty soon here. I've got major tele gas but desperately want a core hollowbody. Probably should just keep the eye on the prize their but GD they are expensive

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The am. pro stuff is just all around fantastic

Haven't tried the USA SS but yeah the feel and neck of an am. pro is wildly different from the SS, so if the SS wasn't for you the american pro very well may be.

I'll probably end up with one of those limited semi hollo am. pro 2 teles pretty soon here. I've got major tele gas but desperately want a core hollowbody. Probably should just keep the eye on the prize their but GD they are expensive
Sold my hb piezo for $3300 and its mislabelled as mint and spruce for $6500 in a store :lol: i even told the guy the label is wrong when i was there on saturday.

Edit: maple syrup tokens - subtract 33% for ameribucks

Last edited: