Exodus

• Thread starter Chris Bowsman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Tempo of the Damned, Shovel Headed Kill Machine & The Atrocity Exhibition Exhibit A are all amazing, those 3 and Testaments Demonic, Gathering and Low imo are all brilliant and my favourite Thrash albums.

+1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I love FoH the album that got me in to Exodus

This is 100% right.
Tempo of the Damned, Shovel Headed Kill Machine & The Atrocity Exhibition Exhibit A are all amazing, those 3 and Testaments Demonic, Gathering and Low imo are all brilliant and my favourite Thrash albums. Kreator deserve their own thread I love them

Yep. While a lot of other thrash bands were struggling to find their sound in the 1990s, Testament just got heavier and heavier. They released a fucking death metal album for fucks sake, and one of the best thrash metal albums ever with The Gathering.

I mean Exodus struggled in the '90s too, but once the new century came around they fired on all fucking cylinders.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Testament just got heavier and heavier. They released a fucking death metal album for fucks sake, and one of the best thrash metal albums ever with The Gathering.

Mid to late 90's Testament just kick serious ar$e, and The Gathering especially deserves to be held up there with the best 80's albums by the self proclaimed "Big 4".

Testament in the 90's and Exodus in the early 00's really showed the "Big 4" that Thrash was still very much alive and kicking

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Exodus is like Testament or Kreator for me, where they're one of the very few 80s thrash bands that managed to consistently put out great stuff even decades later.

I'd like to add Overkill to this group. Still putting out some of their best stuff this far into the game.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Mid to late 90's Testament just kick serious ar$e, and The Gathering especially deserves to be held up there with the best 80's albums by the self proclaimed "Big 4".

Testament in the 90's and Exodus in the early 00's really showed the "Big 4" that Thrash was still very much alive and kicking

the gathering needs its own thread to go over just how good that one was!

MrWulf

Reaction score
Barely any new age retro thrash revival bands stay relevant while only the old guns like Testament, Overkill and Exodus actually refining thrash without sounding like they are copying themselves

efiltsohg

Reaction score
^ probably Zetro's best vocal performance ever, that and Shroud of Urine... awful lyrics though

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Is anybody else disappointed we never got a Slayer album with Gary co-writing?

gnoll

Reaction score
Not really. I always thought Slayer had better material than Exodus anyway so I don't think I would have been into that. I'm also a little bit skeptical of musicians writing for bands other than their main bands. Wouldn't they keep the best stuff for their own bands?