Experience Custom 7 Review

• Thread starter johnpyeatt13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnpyeatt13

Reaction score
The first thing I thought when I pulled this guitar out of the box was, "Wow this looks like crap." I was beyond disappointed with the way this turned out. At least until I started playing this thing. I didn't realize how great this guitar really was because I was very frustrated with the wait time, the finish, and the fact that it came with only 22 frets to realize that maybe this thing actually sounds and plays well. I finally plugged it in the day after I got it because of work, but holy crap this guitar is absolutely amazing from a tone and playing aspect. The features on this guitar are top notch which is to be expected from a fully custom guitar. The sound is very very nice. I'm glad I went with Kalium strings because they have such a great tone to them and the Dimarzio Illuminators are everything I could ever ask for in a pickup. The action is perfect on this guitar. It's not super close to the fretboard, but it's not super high off of the fretboard either. The finish though is one of the worse things on this guitar. It was painted by a car painter and not a guitar finisher. There is way too much black for a blackburst and you can hardly see the purple unless you shine it in the light. Which brings me to my next terrible thing about this guitar. It only has 22 frets when I asked for 24. Luckily Jonathan is someone that does actually care about his customers and gave me a couple hundred bucks back for the finish and the frets. He also is giving me a huge discount on my next guitar which I very much appreciate. The neck on this guitar though is just absolutely divine. It feels perfect and I can literally play it all day. I couldn't do that on my Shecter, Ibanez, or Legator. It is very rounded and feels like a thinner strat neck without the flatness of an Ibanez style neck. He also made me a custom style body which is just killer. I love the way it looks. To me that is the absolute best thing about this guitar is that the body style was something that is unique to me. Overall, I would probably not recommend Experience Customs if you are looking for a 7 because he is more of a 22 fret 6 string guy which led to my problems, but he will be making me another guitar with hopefully the right amount of frets. If I was a 6 string guy though, I would very much get a guitar from him. His guitars are very high quality, but they are a little pricey.

johnpyeatt13

Reaction score
If anyone is actually looking at this, it has been a few months, but now I have to have an entirely new guitar made by him because of all the problems with this guitar. Please never buy a guitar from him.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Is he making you pay for it or is it for free?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ericguitar48

Reaction score
wow just fount your build on facebook. I see what you mean about the finish there is wayyyy too much black. It pretty much just looks like a shitty esp horrizon. Im sorry to hear about your misfortune i hope all works out for you.