Some guitars are too funny not to post

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Along a similar theme, but much worse:

View attachment 142898
Not sure if anyone else caught this part of it, but I'm just now seeing that it's a non-multiscale bridge for a multiscale guitar, and to get the fan at the bridge to work, they had to add an "extension plate" for a few of the saddles. 😅

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Just getting a headless with zero neck dive is easier than making a guitar body out of an aperiodic tile that can only rest in one configuration. With no neck dive you can pretty much put the neck angle where ever you want and it will stay there easily while you sit or stand.

Not a guitar, but kinda funny:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Ford GT40-themed guitars

For reference:
View attachment 142950

The guitars are all over $6,200

View attachment 142942
View attachment 142943

View attachment 142944
View attachment 142945

View attachment 142946

View attachment 142947
View attachment 142949
Those aren't actually all that bad....the horns could've been a little better IMO.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just getting a headless with zero neck dive is easier than making a guitar body out of an aperiodic tile that can only rest in one configuration. With no neck dive you can pretty much put the neck angle where ever you want and it will stay there easily while you sit or stand.

It needs a little reverb and a harmony to make it sound more eerie and evil

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the way of the string-thru design on the GT40.

...as long as the break angle isn't such that the strings are banging off the rear end of that bridge piece.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else caught this part of it, but I'm just now seeing that it's a non-multiscale bridge for a multiscale guitar, and to get the fan at the bridge to work, they had to add an "extension plate" for a few of the saddles. 😅

Love it lol. Had to do the same thing on one of the early Agile Septors I had. Needed more forward travel so I got similarly crafty.

The extension plate in the photo reminds me of a little finger ramp like on a bass.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
It needs a little reverb and a harmony to make it sound more eerie and evil

What's neat is you're hearing the crystalline structure of the metal differentially expand and contract. It's the same forces which cause glass to crack/explode when simply heated or cooled greatly or unevenly, glass catastrophically fails because of lesser ductility resulting in molecules shearing instead of a deflection of the entire structure. It also gives us a great example of insight regarding how heat treating metals is so vital to their desired characteristics.

Not funny after all I guess. Quirky maybe. Would be cool to get a 1kw laser and program it to pick the strings with heat, though. Would definitely have a delay/chorus effect to it when playing across different strings as they each gradually cool.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
What's neat is you're hearing the crystalline structure of the metal differentially expand and contract. It's the same forces which cause glass to crack/explode when simply heated or cooled greatly or unevenly, glass catastrophically fails because of lesser ductility resulting in molecules shearing instead of a deflection of the entire structure. It also gives us a great example of insight regarding how heat treating metals is so vital to their desired characteristics.

Not funny after all I guess. Quirky maybe. Would be cool to get a 1kw laser and program it to pick the strings with heat, though. Would definitely have a delay/chorus effect to it when playing across different strings as they each gradually cool.
Finally I can say my floyd rose goes out of tune because my hands are too hot!

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I know my guitars don't like staying in tune when I take them out of the cooler spare room and play them in the den. Usually takes about 15-20 minutes to acclimate them. It's probably not just the strings, but perhaps partially.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I don't even know why someone would bother with 1st position on a guitar like this. Just get an octave pedal and stay at the 12th fret.
paging @Oscar Stern

Ah yes, the Melt Banana signature from Graphtec, the Melt Nut

That sounds cool as fuck, thanks for sharing. Agree with @Crungy just needs a little reverb....