Experiences with DC Custom Guitars? (Scalloping)

• Thread starter diogoguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone has worked with Dean at DC Guitars could share their experience?

I do already have a scalloped guitar (which I bought like that)... I feel 100% ready to get one of my Ibanez prestiges scalloped.

I promised myself I'd get this green one scalloped if I liked the refret job on her (believe it or not this 2018 guitar had worn down frets). And yes I love the new SS frets.
Anyway, should I send this maple neck to Dean at DC Guitars to get it scalloped?

My question is not whether I will like a scalloped guitar (which I know I do)... the question is whether DC Guitars does a solid service, customer service etc.?

Btw here she is

111.jpeg112.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
no experience but the reviews seem good, and I don't know off the top of my head another US scalloping service (besides probably most luthiers?)...I'm a scallop fan too and have thought I'd definitely use him if the situation arises.

Richter

Reaction score
Never actually went for it but Dean's been offering scalloping services for 15+ years, always answers precisely and quickly.

Latest posts