Extended Seven String Classical

• Thread starter mflazar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mflazar

Classical guitar lut
Reaction score
Photos of a 7 string classical I recently built for a client. The 7th string is on the bass side and features an extended fret board with a built on capo to facilitate very quick changes in the 7th string tuning without the need to change the string tension.
Assembly~136.jpg Assembly~137.jpg

Attachments

• seven-string-classical-guitar.jpg
    seven-string-classical-guitar.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 7

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
Now that's something you don't see everyday! Very cool thanks for posting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zdub

Reaction score
Photos of a 7 string classical I recently built for a client. The 7th string is on the bass side and features an extended fret board with a built on capo to facilitate very quick changes in the 7th string tuning without the need to change the string tension.
(photos snipped)

That is so friggin' ingenious. Is that your own design?

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Ι remember my guitar teacher always telling me to use capos for some songs which fitted. Since I had a licensed Floyd it was a hassle to detune and keep good tuning/intonation on that bridge on a steady basis.

I notice that there is a fret behind the nut area for the 7th string, isn't that difficult for access or is it just to be used as a nut (like the zero fret is used on electrics usually)?