Fanned Fret and Pickups

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Looking to order a multiscale - but im hesitant because the pickup options would be pretty limited.

I want fishman fluence but Im assuming I need the 707 size ones because of the multi-scale, is this true?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
You’ll need the next size up from your string amount; but if you’re ordering the guitar, just ask them to install the pickups you want so you don’t have to mess with it.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Assume that you'll likely need something custom. There's no real "industry multiscale standard" for the actual pickup angle, and all it needs is for someone to change their neutral fret location, or to decide they want the bridge pickup to match the bridge angle rather than the neck pickup, and you need a different angle.

You can use blade-style pickups, and as DudeManBrother mentioned, you can go up, and then install the straight pickup on an angle. If you use humbuckers and split coils, though, that can be a little goofy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Planning to order a Kiesel 25.5-27"

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Just the Moderns, and only on some models. It's a little more limited on the multiscale, because the rectangular pickup for the 8-string can interfere with that upper-fret-access carve they have on some models.

They are available on the Zeus all models for sure, and I THINK the Osiris.

Additionally, from a promotional email a couple of months ago:
"You can now order the Fishman Fluence option - with includes a pair of Fishman Modern Fluence pickups, 25K Fishman pots and a 3-way blade-style pickup selector - on Aries 6 and 7 string standard and multiscale guitars, and DC600/700 standard and multiscale guitars. This option is also available on DC800/DCM8 models without edge beveling."