Favorite guitar tone from 2013 so far.

Lives Once Abstract

Avid Musician
Reaction score
I wanna know you guys opinions on some good guitar tones from some of the latest albums out right now.

I'd have to say that my favorite tone from this year so far would have to be Within the Ruin's album "Elite." Every time I listen to this album and then start listening to any other band, their guitar tone sounds like shit compared to Within the Ruins. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
Tesseract

The way the bass and guitar work together is brilliant.

CHON
STS
KSE
Soilwork

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Queensryche's Self-titled album (good god, listen to the rhythm guitar on "Spore")
Love and Death's debut
Six Feet Under - Unborn
Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent
Tesseract - Altered State

Don Vito

Reaction score
Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure because Hypocrisy never have bad tone. Ever.
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
Bass tone - Black Sabbath "13"

Technically a late 2012 release, but I'll throw in Cradle of Filth's Manticore & other horrors.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Tesseract for sure!

Chon's tone choice and overall mood was a welcome surprise, much less on edge and chilled out in comparison to their older material!

Part of me wishes The Parallax II: Future Sequence came out this year, but I'm so glad that suspense ended last year! :bowdown:

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Ocean - Pelagial (Big, thick, and heavy)
TesseracT - Altered States (Super tight)
Scale the Summit - Odyssey (For their cleans and the clarity of their high gain)

I haven't really listened to Within the Ruins much, but I will agree that they have a very nice tone on the track you posted!

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I feel like TesseracT's tone on this new album is sooooo close to being perfect but it's just not there. I always want it to be just a liiiittle tiny bit more punchy. Like a bare fist, not a cab driver glove. I find myself turning it up louder than it should have to be to get the impact I want. If that makes sense.

Tone? So far I have been LOVING the tone on Uneven Structures' 8. Nice and full and growly. Very reminiscent of Koloss.

Also on Leprous' Coal. It's great because it's not high-gain but still sounds so punchy with none of that flimsy pop.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
Kalmah, Soilwork and, from the measly amount of heard so far, Carcass have some really awesome tones! :)

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam :hbang:

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Ultraviolet.jpg

Seriously, listen to it, pure stoner riggage :hbang:

protest

Reaction score
People probably don't often equate Dillinger to tone because of the chaos, but their new album's guitar/bass tone is absolutely ball crushing.

Latest posts