Fear Factory singer replacement?

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I think the people that crowdfunded the album should get a deciding vote
ian-spriggs-zygote-avi-01.jpg

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Loved this short!

I think the tricky thing is that if they go for someone who sounds totally different, people will say "Boo it would have been better if it was Burton".
If they go for someone who sounds the same, it won't sound exactly the same and will seem like a covers band.
Going totally left field like Tatyana would be a good shout. But Jinjer seem to be going places so can't see her leaving that to go sit around with Grandad Dino and his drum machine (as much as I love and respect Dino).

BusinessMan

Reaction score
The problem is that Burt's clean vocals are... bad, but extremely unique. I cant think of a lot of big names that'd really do it justice.

Ima have to check out that cover from byzantine. Had no idea they did one.

OJ from Byzantine seems to get pretty close.

I also checked out some fan covers on YT and this dude gets it pretty damn close.

Reaction score
Chaka Khan.

Okay okay hear me out though!

The venue is dark...everyone is waiting...low lights come on but the stage is still pretty dark. A Fear Factory song starts...silhouette lights come on..all you see is a big fiery red mane stepping to the mic...spotlight hits...and Chaka Khan hits you with this opening note to some double bass and Dino's chugs

PatientMental76

Reaction score
Mike Patton. It would be fucking AWESOME.

Just saying that as a huge Patton fan. If he took it seriously it'd be pretty damn incredible, if he Patton'd it, it'd be fucking great.

This is actually interesting but would never happen

KailM

Reaction score
I really think this is a job for Michael Buble.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^With Dino's supposed financial troubles, more likely we'll see leftover hologram Tupac footage and Korg Miku through an octaver.