Fear Factory's new album

• Thread starter Rick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dino let me and JBroll listen to a clip at the show last night. Fucking amazing. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very Demanufactureesque and Burton's vocals sounded amazing. I'm gonna bug the shit out of Dino until he gets me an advance copy. Of course, if he threatens to take away my permanent guestlist spot, I'll quit bugging him. :lol:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Very Demanufactureesque and Burton's vocals sounded amazing. I'm gonna bug the shit out of Dino until he gets me an advance copy. Of course, if he threatens to take away my permanent guestlist spot, I'll quit bugging him. :lol:

:lol:

Do you think being in DH has influenced his playing on the record?

Bobo

Reaction score
FEAR FACTORY have evolved like a computer virus, constantly reconfiguring itself to maximize its destructive impact

Now that's very metal :metal: :lol:

All indications are this is going to be one of the best metal albums of 2010. Can't fuckin wait.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I would probably agree with that. He likes to keep himself busy, obviously, to keep his chops up and to stay ahead of the game.

Thats cool, I just don't want them to end up sounding the same :shrug: I'll buy the albums regardless. :agreed:

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Real excited about this as I've grown tired of metal recently and realised it's because most bands I hear just crank out 10 tracks of aggression on each album with no experimentation or variation, on a good day FF are the opposite of this and they aren't afraid to mix it up nor are they scared of doing more mid paced "rock" type stuff (Resurrection anyone?)

It might be too much to expect but I really hope this restores them to their former glory in a similar fashion to Machine Head's recent return to form cause seeing their past few tours has been painful, I've seen them on every tour since 96 and watched them play bigger theatres each time but on the tour for "Transgression" they just played a hall at my local uni. :noplease:

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Thats cool, I just don't want them to end up sounding the same :shrug: I'll buy the albums regardless. :agreed:

Yeah I gotta agree here. I felt Dino had let a lot of his groove slide with the DH stuff and concentrated on the more technical side of metal. Part of what attracted me to FF in the first place was their groove. Also I felt the DH melodic vocals sounded very dated and tryhard whereas Burton has a more original approach to his note choice and delivery. Really got high hopes for this record. I felt Archetype wasnt a bad piece of work but Transgression was really mixed like shit and the ideas were a bit bottom of the barrel :scratch:

maniaco

Reaction score

ha good luck!!

the album is truly incredible, it actually reminded me of the old school days with the maturity and improvement dino has made over the years. He knows how to put those damn songs together so magically! keeping the machine sound with the great burton hooks!!

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't have my cell number already, PM me and we'll figure something out next time Dino comes through. If you're willing to share some gas money and I have enough free time I'll get you here and back, and Rick is in a small but nontrivial amount of trouble for not buzzing me last time you were in the area.

Jeff

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The thing I envy a lot about you American lads, is your epic meet ups when you get to meet people like Dino :( DH or FF need to tour here so I can worship at Dino's feet, and bug him to give me one of his LACS :lol: