Fender Tom Delonge Starcaster

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Welp, it's finally here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meh for me. I'm just not really into semi hollows or stuff that bulbous-y looking.

sell2792

Reaction score
After being super disappointed with the Strats, these will be a hard pass for me. The fact that these are Indo "Fenders" is even more laughable considering what they cost.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After being super disappointed with the Strats, these will be a hard pass for me. The fact that these are Indo "Fenders" is even more laughable considering what they cost.

I don't think there's an option that would have pleased everyone. Neither Corona or Ensenada are setup to make these. So either they go limited release CS run for three times as much, go with China like the Squier Starcasters, or meet in a middle with Indonesia. I guess Korea would have been a better fit marketing wise, but I think folks care less and less about that generally.

For $1200 in 2024 for what you get, you could do much worse. Same price as semi's by Ibanez, Gretsch, Epiphone, etc. that are mostly Chinese made now. But that's pretty apples to oranges since I don't think anyone shopping ES335 copies is going to be on to one of these, irony be damned.

I just think the necks are ugly. So sick of this "roasted" maple fad.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If these are gonna be made in Indonesia, chances are in a few months there is gonna be Harley Benton knock off, made in the same factory for 450.😂

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meh for me. Just not a fan of the shape. Everything else i don't mind. But I'll stick to the strats.

Estilo

Reaction score
I saw these are Fender branded, made in Indonesia. Interesting, but given the origin, I'd brace for disappointment and inconsistency.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A lot of these have rosewood boards on them that completely blow away the garbage that Gibson puts on $3K+ ES335s.

Brilliant on Fenders part. Its the guitar you never thought you ever needed but end up really wanting.