Finally! (Opeth content.)

Xykhron

Reaction score
My arms your hearse totally changed the sound of the band including that monster on drums called Martin Lopez...simply a must!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
* playstopause turns into Yevetz mode *

WILL SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION?!?

About the less growling thing?

Growling is a big part of Opeths sound so you're always going to hear plenty of it.

Check out Ghost Reveries theres more clean stuff on that album

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
* playstopause turns into Yevetz mode *

WILL SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION?!?
I can't say there's an entire album that matches your criteria, but there are songs here and there with distorted guitars and clean vocals, like Bleak and The Drapery Falls on Blackwater Park. At least certain parts of them.
I know the growling can be tough to get into, but give it a try and see if it will grow on you. It worked for me.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
About the less growling thing?

Growling is a big part of Opeths sound so you're always going to hear plenty of it.

Check out Ghost Reveries theres more clean stuff on that album

I can't say there's an entire album that matches your criteria, but there are songs here and there with distorted guitars and clean vocals, like Bleak and The Drapery Falls on Blackwater Park. At least certain parts of them.
I know the growling can be tough to get into, but give it a try and see if it will grow on you. It worked for me.

:wub: It was kind of a joke, but i appreciate the answers anyway :lol: I'll check these albums out.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't remember if I have Still Life...I have Blackwater Park, Damnation, Deliverance, Ghost Reveries, and one older one, but I don't remember the name of it :lol: I think possibly Orchid. I wasn't a huge fan, but that's because I'm used to the newer Opeth and didn't really give it a chance.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
"Still Life" WILL become your new favorite album.

:agreed:

"White faced, haggard grin
This serenity painted death
With a halo of bitter disease
Black paragon in lingering breath"

:bowdown:

SunburnedCactus

My slinky!!
Reaction score
Opeth albums consume a great deal of time, they tend to stay on repeat for a good few weeks before you even think you've heard everything.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I have all their album and love them all but Blackwater Park is still the best for me, simply because of... The Drappery Falls! Can't get any better than that, the ultimate prog song IMO...

Makelele

Reaction score
MAYH is probably my favourite, but they're all great. I'm looking forward to the DVD that will be released in October.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
What, what, what!?!

:eek:

lol

yeah, its on its way, a DVD along with their double live CD, "The Roundhouse Tapes" from london.

Blab link:
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - OPETH Mainman MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT: 'We Still Mean Business'

fantastic setlist imo:

CD1:

01. When
02. Ghost Of Perdition
03. Under The Weeping Moon
04. Bleak
05. Face Of Melinda
06. The Night And The Silent Water

CD2:

01. Windowpane
02. Blackwater Park
03. Demon of the Fall

and a quote from metalstorm:

Details on Roundhouse/London DVD:
The films have now been edited by Dash productions in co-operation with the band and the audio has been mixed at location in Fascination street by Jens Bogren and Mikael Åkerfeldt. The DVD will contain the show (filmed in HD) and with 5.1 surround mix. Band interviews, fan interviews (some hilarious moments here!) as well as photo galleries. A release date hasn't been set but it's hopefully set for a possible Autumn 2007 release. More details/title to follow.

\o/ cant wait for a phat 5.1 live version of demon of the fall! :scream: :mf666:

arnoroth661

Tremol-no User
Contributor
Reaction score
CD1:

01. When
02. Ghost Of Perdition
03. Under The Weeping Moon
04. Bleak
05. Face Of Melinda
06. The Night And The Silent Water

CD2:

01. Windowpane
02. Blackwater Park
03. Demon of the Fall

:bowdown: :agreed: ...

Under the weeping moon? I'm missing something. :scratch:

arnoroth661

Tremol-no User
Contributor
Reaction score
its from their debut album Orchid. i frankly dont give much for the original, maybe because of the sound/production, but now ten years later its probably awesome.

Yea.. I'm not partial to Opeth's tone on Still life and MAYH. :scratch: Sounds like a digitech pedal. :lol:

However: Ghost Reveries and Damnation/Deliverance :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: