Fine Tuning Stoptail: Gibson PTTP-030 TP6

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
I've only seen these on the 80s gibson E/2s but it seems a pretty novel idea.
Anybody have experience with this bridge? I think it would be cool to put this on a tune-o-matic/stoptail equipped guitar and maybe add an after the nut string lock ala Kahler. would be a realy stable setup I think providing all the precision of a floyd/kahler but with the tone and sustain of a tune-o-matic. If you're not familiar with unit, here it is:

Gibson PTTP-030 Chrome Stop Bar With Studs & Inserts | Guitar Files(TM)

Also, for anybody familiar with the bridge whats with the price disparity? I see it here at the linked site for like 47 bucks but its like 110 @GC. WTF?!:scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_B

Reaction score
interesting...

iv never seen one.... lol

looks cool though..

prices vary from place to place....
could be a NOS item, or maybe they could be being custom made in a factory somewhere,

why not email and ask? :)

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
it only comes on E2 explorers, a similar V version, and appparently some LPs...all being limited runs from the 80s(the earliest one I've seen being 82...probably a response to the relatively newly introduced FINE TUNING OFR in the late 70s). Ive seen a similar bridge on the Ibanez Artist ARC-300 . I don't know what real advantages it is going to provide since any well setup instrument will be free of tuning issues; don't need a lock nut/tuners/bridge for that. fine tuning does help though in the case a string drifts ever so slightly out of tune.

Still pretty cool though!

Latest posts