Finished RG8 Custom Build

Stockfoot13

Reaction score
Here is my custom 8 string guitar. I modeled it after the Ibanez RG8 but made lots of little tweaks like a thinner body, greater cutaway, etc. It took me quite a while to finish but it is finally done! Solid Bubinga body with a Wenge accent stripe. Maple and Wenge laminated neck with a matching Bubinga accent veneer cut from the same wood as the body.

Rosewood fretboard with 24 frets
RG Style body but only 1.4 inches thick vs the standard 2 inches
Greater cutaway
CTS 500k pots
Switchcraft Jack
Hipshot 8 string bridge
Hipshot String Ferrules
Hipshot Locking tuners
Bare Knuckle Pickups Aftermath bridge
Bark Knuckle Pickups Cold Sweat neck

The guitar is very heavy but the tone and sustain are amazing. It will be perfect as my studio guitar. As always I use the biggest strings available, 85-11.

full
full
full
full

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I've never seen a stripe like that on a guitar but it's totally awesome

Stockfoot13

Reaction score
I've never seen a stripe like that on a guitar but it's totally awesome
Thanks man, I went back and forth on the decision whether or not I should do the stripe because I wasn't sure what it would actually look like in the end

Stockfoot13

Reaction score
that bubinga looks gorgeous.
It was actually a remnant of a piece left over from a coffee table I built out of it. The only downside was that it is like sanding metal since it is so dense. It took so long to make the contours

BigHandy

Reaction score
Great looking one! Is the neck a standard RG 8, or did it also yourself?! Cause on the third picture it looks longer than 27"...?!

Edit, oh, I have just read that it's also custom made. So, what's the scale length?! :shrug:

Stockfoot13

Reaction score
I will get some sound clips up soon and you can let me know! Do you want just raw sound clips or mixed in with stuff?