First 7 String Pickup Swap | Fake EMGs?

• Thread starter Horr0rchid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Horr0rchid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm doing my first pickup swap on a cheap 7 string ibanez I got recently. Do these EMGs look legit? I know there are a ton of 6 string fakes out there but not too sure on the 7 string ones.

EMG X Back.jpgEMG X Front.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Unless they're empty and have nothing inside they look legit

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another vote for legit — my 2016-made EMGs look just like this.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Those look too much like the real ones to be worth faking.

The fake ones you can usually tell pretty quickly because the textured top isn't quite the same, the lettering is a bit thicker, and they have a seam line around the sides near the top.

Basically the fake ones use the cheap black plastic covers you can buy to cover your passives. They just stamp the EMG logo on them and fill it up with resin.

Horr0rchid

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Question is.... what made you think they might be fake?
Psyched myself out by going down a YouTube rabbit hole of fake EMGs.

Also watched a video of a guy who thought he was comparing real EMGs to fake ones but everyone in the comments was like “bro, you’re comparing fakes to fakes, hope you didn’t spend a lot”

Thankfully it seems like I ordered legit ones, so I’m quite excited to install them.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
They look real to me. As long as you order them from somewhere reputable - GC, Sweetwater, Samash, etc - you're good to go.

Latest posts