First foray into DSLRs

• Thread starter zilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I bought the wife a rebel t5i for Christmas and we started taking a photography course together at the local college. These are some of the first shots that I took that were "off assignment"

Feedback appreciated ;)

962cd259bf500a7f656a374825e1d06a_zpsi9x8xej0.jpg

dd0481d7297692d99e3784243a12c85d_zpsnyyb7427.jpg

and yes I know I need to oil my fingerboard ;)

298fb423eda21ff464bcc752eb574667_zps9sowqaqx.jpg

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Nice ! What lens are you using with the camera ?

I like the first picture a lot. Since photography is subjective and I don't know your angle [pardon the pun] I don't know what kind of stuff you're looking to get into.

I'm getting into the slow shutter kind of shoots now and I like those effects quite a bit, and its something a DSLR can do quite well. Also if this is your first foray into the DSLR world, you have a plethora of glasses [lenses] and techniques you can use to quite literally create your own art ! People now use cameras for more than just shooting, Photo manipulation is an art in its own right and a good camera really helps in taking good stock pics.

Personally, I'm more of a Post production type. I use a lot of PS filters, adjustments to change the "mood" of the picture.

Good luck with the camera and looking forward to more posts and pics ! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a little late, too, but oh well. :lol: I really like the first two. The first one is a cool detail shot that requires some attention for you to figure out what it is. It would make a good wallpaper, or something along those lines. It kinda seems like it's getting into the "fine art" territory, where you take a photo of something familiar and look at it in a less familiar way.

The second one gets some nice detail on the fretboard, but I would say maybe focus on one of the birds, to draw the eye to a specific detail.

For the last one, IMHO pay attention to the framing. It looks like there's a corner in the wall in the background, but it's on a bit of a slant. Check the edges of the photo, too. The guitar is a little cut off in the bottom. :)

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
For the last one, IMHO pay attention to the framing. It looks like there's a corner in the wall in the background, but it's on a bit of a slant. Check the edges of the photo, too. The guitar is a little cut off in the bottom. :)

thanks for those tips. i never really realized that the input jack was cut off until you pointed it out. :yesway:

Latest posts