First gig with my Hufschmid BlackDroïd 8 string tele

• Thread starter LordCoven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordCoven

Reaction score
Hi all,

Played my new Hufschmid BlackDroïd 8 for the first time yesterday - it was a gig with the Metallica cover band I play in (for lack of a better name, we called ourselves Alcohollica for the gig LOL). Just uploaded the first vid of the event: Leper Messiah

... and here's Seek and Destroy ...

Cheers,
C

PS: Not meaning it to sound too much like an excuse, but I've had flu for the last two weeks, and my voice was still a bit screwed from all the coughing :( After the first 3 songs of our 16 song set-list, I was close to despairing, wondering whether I'd manage to get through them all - but I'd warmed up by the end of it hehehe

PPS: Could someone please clue me into how to embed the YT vid here? I'm still a bit slow after all the Metal (and, admittedly, alcohol ;)) yesterday ...

PPPS: Thanks Patrick - the tip with the BB code worked a treat for embedding the vids :) And a general thanks to everyone who sent tips for embedding :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Very cool. :metal:

To embed, just paste the URL. The site does the rest.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
cool!

have you found ways of incorporating the 8th string then? i´m guessing it remains pretty much unused when you´re doing cover songs like that?

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Actually, your voice, even an octave lower than the original, sounds quite cool and works great with the song. :)

As for the Huff, I bet it turned quite a few heads your way. Lovely thing. :hbang:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I'm shortly in this cyber caffee to log on internet and I have no sound damn...:wallbash: looks amazing man!!! :hbang:

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
uber cool, proper head banging!!! awesome!!!! :James:

i really like how the Bass player is letting it lose...nice shoulder movement here!!! :lol::lol:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, its brutal! :scream:

I finally got a chance to put the sound on!

If I would be moving my head the way you do, I would most certainly fall into the coma :lol: Hands up! :hbang:

:hbang::hbang::hbang:

LordCoven

Reaction score
Very cool. :metal:

To embed, just paste the URL. The site does the rest.

Weird. I'd tried that, but it just left it as a link. Hrm. I'll try again with the next one ...

cool!

have you found ways of incorporating the 8th string then? i´m guessing it remains pretty much unused when you´re doing cover songs like that?

Yeah, the 8th string isn't used much in this context - not at all in this particular song, I think. I use the 7th here and there (e.g. on Seek and Destroy which I'm about to post next :)), though. Of course, the 8th gets exercised a whole lot more with our original material ;) And on some of the heavier covers we do (e.g. Guardians of Asgard by Amon Amarth, which I play even lower than the original in parts muahahaha).

Actually, your voice, even an octave lower than the original, sounds quite cool and works great with the song. :)

As for the Huff, I bet it turned quite a few heads your way. Lovely thing. :hbang:

Thanks man :D \m/
Yup - it certainly drew the looks of all guitarists there - and even a bunch of people who don't play guitar, but simply appreciate amazing workmanship :D

Dude, its brutal! :scream:

I finally got a chance to put the sound on!

If I would be moving my head the way you do, I would most certainly fall into the coma :lol: Hands up! :hbang:

:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Hehe, thnx man :D \m/
I was really really really really pleased with both the sound and how the instrument played!! It works really well for the rhythm parts as well as the lead stuff! Brutal all round :D \m/ \m/ :hbang: :hbang:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Weird. I'd tried that, but it just left it as a link. Hrm. I'll try again with the next one ...

When you preview the post, it displays for you as a link and changes the code to display a link. If you post it from there without taking the URL tags out, it will post it as a link. It's weird, but that what has happened to me before.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score

Oh I think the site only does this automatically for members who are contributors... not sure...

Actually you need the youtube bb code

Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]
then enter the part of the video url, in this case would be M5h8uyeINY8&feature then simply close the youtube bb code :)

EDIT: I know why..... in the pannel control options, edit options menu, change basic editor to standard editor, then it will do it automatically when you paste any url........

Hehe, thnx man :D \m/
I was really really really really pleased with both the sound and how the instrument played!! It works really well for the rhythm parts as well as the lead stuff! Brutal all round :D \m/ \m/ :hbang: :hbang:

You cant imagine how this made my day, thank you very much :)

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
and teh bass player is expressing himself too here!!! oh wait, nooo..that's the mic stand moving!! sorry!!

Clive i do agree with PAtrick...how can you not detach your head from your neck headbanging like you do it?!!!

SEARCHING !!! SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!!!!!

LordCoven

Reaction score
and teh bass player is expressing himself too here!!! oh wait, nooo..that's the mic stand moving!! sorry!!

Clive i do agree with PAtrick...how can you not detach your head from your neck headbanging like you do it?!!!

SEARCHING !!! SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO - yeah, Basti's not the moshing type ;) But you should hear what he can do on that bass - he's so technical its unbelievable. Obviously, Metallica covers don't give him too much room to shine hehehe - plus, he only had three practises with us before the gig, so he was probably concentrating hehehe
(I'll have to have words with him though - see if I can motivate him to move more for the next one LOL).

Not only did my head stay on - my glasses also didn't fly off into the audience, which I was very pleased about (blind as a bat, me). Mind you - after about the third song of the evening I could hardly see anything anyway, as my glasses were then covered in sweat hehe

Cheers,
C

flo

Reaction score
"Sigfried and Roy":lol:

Really good multitasking skills you show there, I can't sing and play guitar simultaniously (also cause I can't sing) or bang and change chords

YOU ROCK! (In a very metal way):shred::shred::shred::hbang::hbang::hbang:

LordCoven

Reaction score
"Sigfried and Roy":lol:

Really good multitasking skills you show there, I can't sing and play guitar simultaniously (also cause I can't sing) or bang and change chords

YOU ROCK! (In a very metal way):shred::shred::shred::hbang::hbang::hbang:

Thnx :D :hbang: :hbang: :hbang:
The singing while playing bit is actually really easy - you just have to practise each part individually until you can do it in your sleep, then combine them. At which point, you can also add moshing into the mix LOL \m/
Cheers,
C

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
only 3 rehearsals and he plays live!!! pretty sweet man!!!

he's got long hair, so.......

looking forward to seeing your original material with the Huf8 of course!!!

Awesome vids, awesome playing, awesome axe...i can go to bed now, i'll have sweet dreams i am sure!!!!