First Mix in Soundcloud

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gamber

Reaction score
Did you double track guitars and hard pan them. By double tracking i mean two separate takes?

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
I think it would sound a lot cleaner with just two tracks hard panned L/R. The guitars lack a lot of highs/clarity, are quite middy, and are a bit too loud for the mix.

Try turning the mids down, turning the treble/presence up, and recording a little tighter or take out some of the 500-800hz region in the guitars. That should help clear up the guitars a little bit but I would suggest getting a good tone on the spot rather than going EQ crazy.

oryphic

Untitled
Reaction score
normally when double tracking you keep them panned exactly the same.
try this bro, two left panned the same, two right panned the same. first just put the main L&R guitar tracks' faders at an appropriate volume, then add volume to the other L&R faders (from them being really low like -20db or completely off) until you start hearing the difference, and get that wide chorus effect.
double tracking for the sake of having double tracking before knowing when or how to utilize it usually results in the guitars sounding boxy, and makes it hard to pinpoint problems when EQing.

Nicholas Maini's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

perfect example in the first tune "enigmatic". the project is layed out just L&R guitars with an ambient center guitar. the center guitar plays rhythm during the poppy section at 0:20. compare that too the last riff at 0:48 which is just straight double tracking, no center guitar. you can only really hear it in it's heaviness, because the majority of the guitar you're hearing is just single track L&R, the rest just compliments.